House prices to fall 10%

We are looking at buying a house in the 240k bracket I think now. Would only need to lend 140-150k and earn around 60k between us so well within affordability limits. Going to see what comes up etc.

It'll save costs moving later. You should get a nice 4 bed detached in a decent area got that.

Aye but some are also still offering 90% mortgages. There’s going to be a massive choke on supply now, so it’ll be interesting to see if the banks try to choke demand. I don’t think they can.

thanks for the heads up mate. I'm looking to buy in the next 12-18 months, so.looking closely as when the best time to buy is 👍

As a singleton I am not offered a mortgage with Halifax for anything less than a £15k deposit regardless of mortgage value, even when eligible to apply the house value is low & i earn an above average salary. Being single fucks you massively, appreciate that's not the main point of the thread however.

As a singleton I am not offered a mortgage with Halifax for anything less than a £15k deposit regardless of mortgage value, even when eligible to apply the house value is low & i earn an above average salary. Being single fucks you massively, appreciate that's not the main point of the thread however.

What about other lenders? I've tend to found Halifax's rates to be shite. Although I'm told they're canny for self employed

What about other lenders? I've tend to found Halifax's rates to be shite. Although I'm told they're canny for self employed
I've not looked as I have a good renting situation at the moment where i can save a decent amount each month, and there is some uncertainty with work (I was going to relocate to the US before Covid and may do in the medium term). But i perhaps wrongly assumed it was all much of a muchness.

I've got a help to buy ISA as one savings account but i can't even remember what the rules were about using one of them.

Just found out we can't move into our new house until August, but have already told our current landlord we are moving out this month. Hopefully he decides to help us out and not make us homeless for two months.

Back