House Part Exchange - New Build

Crossing my fingers we have the same experience as you. Paid north of £7k for "options" but still have to get the bathrooms/kitchen/diner tiled after I move in. Will be chaos for the first few weeks but should be settled by the summer
Floor tiles i take it ?

That didnt take long for them to push back. Must have been waiting for you to sign on the dotted line before telling you.
Well, to be fair when we paid the reservation fee back in July, the build window was Dec/Jan. When we had our options meeting a few weeks back they said it was 8th Dec.
We exchange contracts on Monday and now the date has slipped...... Not the end of the world I suppose, gives me more time to pull money together for day 1 purchases and I don't have to f*ck about getting sofas delivered to the old house etc etc

Everything but. Bought carpets, kitchen upgrades, patio, glazed doors and integrated appliances. Drew the line at £120 per sq meter for tiling. Will source that seperately and get it done after we move in
Wall tiles were inc in mine ,to a point of course and within their choice .I got carpets,floor tiles,garden and patio sorted myself.The sales lass said the built in stuff was overpriced and easy to sort yourself

Well, to be fair when we paid the reservation fee back in July, the build window was Dec/Jan. When we had our options meeting a few weeks back they said it was 8th Dec.
We exchange contracts on Monday and now the date has slipped...... Not the end of the world I suppose, gives me more time to pull money together for day 1 purchases and I don't have to f*ck about getting sofas delivered to the old house etc etc
That was a fk on mind ,getting mine up my stairs etc.Took it apart in the end after marking all the walls ,one downside of 1st floor living

Last edited:
That was a fk on mind ,getting mine up my stairs etc.Took it apart in the end after marking all the walls ,one downside of 1st floor living
Will be far easier to live in the new house with old sofas for a couple of weeks. Getting new sofas in and out of the old house (steps up to front door, staircase post in the way etc) will be far too much of a fuck on. New house, carry them round to the back and straight in the french windows

Will be far easier to live in the new house with old sofas for a couple of weeks. Getting new sofas in and out of the old house (steps up to front door, staircase post in the way etc) will be far too much of a fuck on. New house, carry them round to the back and straight in the french windows
Yeah,had a look on the TW site ,very nice.

The solid internal wall in an old house serves no purpose though. A new build is warmer and quieter vs an old house. It’s a bit like old versus modern cars. An ancient Volvo might have doors that feel like they are really heavy and solid but the newer lighter car will be safer.

Shoite.....Volvos on of the safest cars on the road

It was no surprise though mate ,you said it had no roof on yesterday

Don't mind admitting there's a part of me jealous when you see friends moving into a new build. Must be class just walking into your new home with everything done exactly how you wanted it, no fuss and pretty much maintenance free for a few years. Ours has had shit loads done over the years and still doesn't feel finished.
I was up your good freinds through Newcastle on Wednesday looking at an extension.

Robbo from Buildbase told him I’m the best builder he’s come across .:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was up your good freinds through Newcastle on Wednesday looking at an extension.

Robbo from Buildbase told him I’m the best builder he’s come across .:cool:
Aye? Top lad is Cloughie (if that's who it was), be sure to look after him.

Ive often heard Paul singing your praises to whoever will listen, I think he might have a little man crush if I'm honest. The work I've seen is very impressive tbf. ;)

Aye? Top lad is Cloughie (if that's who it was), be sure to look after him.

Ive often heard Paul singing your praises to whoever will listen, I think he might have a little man crush if I'm honest. The work I've seen is very impressive tbf. ;)
Men want to be me ,women want to be with me .

I’ll get you and Robbo round round my house when it’s finished .We can have a couple of drinks and listen to the Floyd .

I’ll get the bubbly milf to pop out for a takeaway for us aswell
Sounds like a night to me Adam. Hopefully it's enough to get Paul to leave the house.

Back