House of Tides

Update: P&L spot on. A pre-starter of bread with beef infused butter, mini spicy nacho, mushroom inside the most delicate sesame shell and a seafood bite on freeze dried prawn crumb. Quail breast and confit of leg to start, wild garlic and a plum reduction. Amuse bouche of a cheeseburger spring roll with homemade ketchup and mustard, mustard sensational. Went for the veggie main which was beetroot done about 5 ways with creamed goats cheese, herbs, spiced onion and veg. Didn't have time for desert unfortunately, but absolutely tremendous.

Update: P&L spot on. A pre-starter of bread with beef infused butter, mini spicy nacho, mushroom inside the most delicate sesame shell and a seafood bite on freeze dried prawn crumb. Quail breast and confit of leg to start, wild garlic and a plum reduction. Amuse bouche of a cheeseburger spring roll with homemade ketchup and mustard, mustard sensational. Went for the veggie main which was beetroot done about 5 ways with creamed goats cheese, herbs, spiced onion and veg. Didn't have time for desert unfortunately, but absolutely tremendous.
I can't believe how annoyed I am that someone I don't know ordered the vegetarian main course .

“First name terms with the lads at Elbulli” iirc

Making panack in his water bath and that.

Tell me more.

Tell me more.

Essentially what it says. would think it was it was either shin or brisket, slow cooked and formed into a mini sausage shape. couldn't identify the cheese at all, but quite robust on top of that and wrapped in a very light tempura style batter. lay on a sliver of lettuce - deffo not iceberg, with the home made sauces at either end. only a mouthful, but cracking.

I can't believe how annoyed I am that someone I don't know ordered the vegetarian main course .
Had had the quail starter so didn't fancy the duck, the wife was having the chicken dish and wasn't much fussed by the fish main. enjoy the odd veggie dish. Did order a side of the triple cooked chips if that makes up for it........

Last edited:
Actually worth it?

Want to take my lass as a treat but I have an aversion to paying loads of money for meals where it’s all hype and not actually that good.

Don’t mind paying whatever when it’s something genuinely great.

Anywhere better in the North East that’s maybe not as hyped up?
It’s really nice bait, but value for money......not sure

Your favourite servant to your club in recent history was on the next table

If you do go make sure you don’t just nod when they ask if you want water. They just continuously top it up throughout your meal at £4 a bottle

If you do go make sure you don’t just nod when they ask if you want water. They just continuously top it up throughout your meal at £4 a bottle

It’s probably the wrong sort of place to go if the cost of the water winds you up, tbh.

Wouldn't go there in a million years.

From the website

House of Tides | Kenny Atkinson FAQs

Q: Does House of Tides have a dress code?
A: House of Tides has a very relaxed atmosphere. We want you to be comfortable during your dining experience, so we do not have a strict dress code policy. We only ask for no shorts, sleeveless t-shirts, hats, flip flops & Sunderland football shirts.

It’s probably the wrong sort of place to go if the cost of the water winds you up, tbh.

Ask for tap water FFS !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wouldn't go there in a million years.

From the website

House of Tides | Kenny Atkinson FAQs

Q: Does House of Tides have a dress code?
A: House of Tides has a very relaxed atmosphere. We want you to be comfortable during your dining experience, so we do not have a strict dress code policy. We only ask for no shorts, sleeveless t-shirts, hats, flip flops & Sunderland football shirts.

Ask for tap water FFS !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wear something else.

We were thinking the water was free as well, but when the meal came to about £650, we weren’t going to twist about £12

Back