House Names that made you Chuckle!

If it’s got a number, naming your house is the most pretentious things you can do.
Like people naming their house after a first holiday.
Palmanova bungalow and the such.

Pathetic!!!!

Horses for courses fella! If people put money into property.....call it what they like for me! Hardly pretentious....if someone calls a property Dun-roaming! might have had 40 years as a service family and first settled home, or years away abroad! It is to suit the owner(s) no one else! Might call mine carry me out in an Orange Box! Now that would be pretentious when apple boxes are cheaper!

Out walking today and noticed a couple of houses had been given names that made me chuckle :lol::lol:

First one New Build 4 Bedroom - called Dun Roaming.

2nd one old bungalow being renovated - called Wits End.

Have you named your house, or seen house(s) with names that have made you laugh?:eek::rolleyes::lol:

Now I have noticed those two today will keep an eye out for more! Obviously walking getting easier now as it is normally head down and puffing and panting on my walk and not at all observant on things around me! :rolleyes::lol:
I kna someone who has named his house( its in a normal street) and has a private reg on his car!..

Horses for courses fella! If people put money into property.....call it what they like for me! Hardly pretentious....if someone calls a property Dun-roaming! might have had 40 years as a service family and first settled home, or years away abroad! It is to suit the owner(s) no one else! Might call mine carry me out in an Orange Box! Now that would be pretentious when apple boxes are cheaper!
No mate it’s pretentious. It’s number 20 station road not ‘Marbella cottage’

It’s pretentious as owt ,generally done by old people who drive a jag.

My Mam named a house she used to live in.

She chose “Glendale” That’s ‘Glen’ as in ‘valley’. And ‘Dale’ as in ‘valley’. And ‘Glendale’ as in ‘valley of arable land’.

It was on a road called Hill Top Road. At the top of a hill. In a village with ‘Hill’ in the name. Half a mile away from the highest point in North West County Durham.

Well it made me laugh.

I named my house by calling it a number. Coincidentally it’s the exact same number as the number of the house in the street it’s in. I put a plaque on the door to indicate the house name. People assume it’s the number. But it’s the name.

It makes me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back