House Names that made you Chuckle!

Jimmer13

Midfield
Out walking today and noticed a couple of houses had been given names that made me chuckle :lol::lol:

First one New Build 4 Bedroom - called Dun Roaming.

2nd one old bungalow being renovated - called Wits End.

Have you named your house, or seen house(s) with names that have made you laugh?:eek::rolleyes::lol:

Now I have noticed those two today will keep an eye out for more! Obviously walking getting easier now as it is normally head down and puffing and panting on my walk and not at all observant on things around me! :rolleyes::lol:

Out walking today and noticed a couple of houses had been given names that made me chuckle :lol::lol:

Have you named your house, or seen house(s) with names that have made you laugh?:eek::rolleyes::lol:

Now I have noticed those two today will keep an eye out for more! Obviously walking getting easier now as it is normally head down and puffing and panting on my walk and not at all observant on things around me! :rolleyes::lol:

Dun Roaming is fairly common, though Wits End is new to me.

Lots have names which are an amalgamation of the owners names.

Eg Tony and Lynne > Lynton

If we get a house together we could call it Bummer.

My next door neighbour has an amalgamation of their names as their house name.

There’s one at Holwick which made me chuckle, but the name escapes me atm.

In Ashbrooke Range near the Rosedene all the houses have names not numbers IIRC.

The house I grew up in had a name but we never used it. Some of the more pretentious owners in the street discovered their house names and started putting it on the return address of their Christmas card envelopes etc.

Bet Swapwife and Carkeys-ashtray are two of the names

In Ashbrooke Range near the Rosedene all the houses have names not numbers IIRC.

The house I grew up in had a name but we never used it. Some of the more pretentious owners in the street discovered their house names and started putting it on the return address of their Christmas card envelopes etc.

“Dotheboys Hall” from a Charles Dickens book.

We went to visit it once on a school trip,
though I think a slightly different interpretation might apply now.

If it’s got a number, naming your house is the most pretentious things you can do.
Like people naming their house after a first holiday.
Palmanova bungalow and the such.

Pathetic!!!!

Back