House move - negotiating completion dates

Don't speak directly to the buyer/seller. Its too casual. The buyer of my old place is still WhatsApping me. I'm ignoring him now.
This is my worry. I'm paying people to take this stress away from me. You in your lovely new gaff now MT?

Current update is that our solicitors and half of the estate agents in the chain are calling each other now trying to get some dates agreed. It just seems to be a massive free for all and no consistency over who is supposed to do it. I've spoken to two estate agents and a solicitor this morning alone to discuss dates.

I suppose if it's left to solicitors, they have no skin in the game, hence why I imagine estates agents end up getting involved - because the sooner it happens they get paid.

This is my worry. I'm paying people to take this stress away from me. You in your lovely new gaff now MT?

Current update is that our solicitors and half of the estate agents in the chain are calling each other now trying to get some dates agreed. It just seems to be a massive free for all and no consistency over who is supposed to do it. I've spoken to two estate agents and a solicitor this morning alone to discuss dates.

I suppose if it's left to solicitors, they have no skin in the game, hence why I imagine estates agents end up getting involved - because the sooner it happens they get paid.
I am. And that was a faff. He wanted ASAP so I bent over backwards to get it done then he said he was feeling rushed. So I sent a list of dates to the agent and said you deal with it. They finalised and dates were then sent to solicitor. Our agent was very good in the end to be fair to her. And I'm highly critical of estate agents usually.

I'm in the middle of selling at the moment, can't even get any communication from my solicitor. Doing my head in. 2 parties ready to exchange asap, no chains, all straight forward, and 3 weeks in and seems like it's at a standstill. Emailed her Monday (bank holiday obvs) and still not had nowt back. Just get it f***ing done man

I'm in the middle of selling at the moment, can't even get any communication from my solicitor. Doing my head in. 2 parties ready to exchange asap, no chains, all straight forward, and 3 weeks in and seems like it's at a standstill. Emailed her Monday (bank holiday obvs) and still not had nowt back. Just get it f***ing done man

Get on the blower to them everyday, it's a fuck on but it works.

It's 2020 and solicitors still send letters by 2nd class post. Sometimes multiple letters on the same day in different envelopes, it's madness, I don't even work in that industry but I know I could streamline everything 10 fold

The whole system is a joke at the minute. All you get as a standard bollocks answer is theres a backlog because of the pandemic, thats solicitors, searches, banks its doing my head in :evil:

It's 2020 and solicitors still send letters by 2nd class post. Sometimes multiple letters on the same day in different envelopes, it's madness, I don't even work in that industry but I know I could streamline everything 10 fold
We’ve gone with an online solicitor and (so far 🤞🏻) seems to be going okay from our side. It’s the letter sending solicitor who’s slowing stuff up.

The online bit has been quite interesting. Sometimes they can be slow to respond to stuff because it’s in an email workflow queue I imagine, but they seem to know their stuff and are easy to get hold of on the phone. Also have an online “dashboard” that tells me everything that’s left to be done, so I can see where it’s at.

We’re just stuck at the last two bits on the dashboard now....

edit: and I’ve just had an email from her At 8.06pm, updating me on some dates. Didn’t expect that kind of service!

Last edited:

I got a letter (2nd class) the day before exchange saying my name had matched a bankruptcy search in Halifax. Can I reply by post it was not me. Had to courier the fucker to Dartford. Unreal man.

I got a letter (2nd class) the day before exchange saying my name had matched a bankruptcy search in Halifax. Can I reply by post it was not me. Had to courier the fucker to Dartford. Unreal man.
f***ing bonkers man, it's the digital age and these fuckers need to adapt
We’ve gone with an online solicitor and (so far 🤞🏻) seems to be going okay from our side. It’s the letter sending solicitor who’s slowing stuff up.

The online bit has been quite interesting. Sometimes they can be slow to respond to stuff because it’s in an email workflow queue I imagine, but they seem to know their stuff and are easy to get hold of on the phone. Also have an online “dashboard” that tells me everything that’s left to be done, so I can see where it’s at.

We’re just stuck at the last two bits on the dashboard now....

edit: and I’ve just had an email from her At 8.06pm, updating me on some dates. Didn’t expect that kind of service!

Just proves it can be done online!

Last edited:

Back