House Buying advice

Cyrilsneer

Winger
Looking for some to do with buying/selling, currently buying a property which is probate, was only told this 2 months after offering on the property, now the seller, who has had probate granted in January is unable to provide the grant of probate documents, everything in regards to mortgages, surveys etc is done. Buyer of my property is nearly ready to go, so this document is holding everyone up! Any suggestions anyone?

Looking for some to do with buying/selling, currently buying a property which is probate, was only told this 2 months after offering on the property, now the seller, who has had probate granted in January is unable to provide the grant of probate documents, everything in regards to mortgages, surveys etc is done. Buyer of my property is nearly ready to go, so this document is holding everyone up! Any suggestions anyone?
Eek, probate can take forever, I've known it to last 6 months+.

They’ve been granted probate but can’t get the documents? Think they’re taking the piss.

your solicitor should be advising on this.

youll just get fuckwit comments on here

I’d speak to the estate agent of the seller and insist they get confirmation of the grant of probate. It’s all you really can do at this stage.
Last straw is to threaten to walk away unless they give exact timescales. That is if they have actually got grant of probate and it’s not still waiting to be granted.

I’d speak to the estate agent of the seller and insist they get confirmation of the grant of probate. It’s all you really can do at this stage.
Last straw is to threaten to walk away unless they give exact timescales. That is if they have actually got grant of probate and it’s not still waiting to be granted.
Sound advice mate, we’ve been thinking of doing this, we’re going to wait until we have confirmation from our buyer that they want to move in, then if nothing has still happened we have no choice.

Sound advice mate, we’ve been thinking of doing this, we’re going to wait until we have confirmation from our buyer that they want to move in, then if nothing has still happened we have no choice.
Can’t hurt to get out in front of this mate.

I’d as a minimum ask the estate agents for progress on the probate. The last thing you want is your buyers pulling out because they weren’t kept in the loop.

Can’t hurt to get out in front of this mate.

I’d as a minimum ask the estate agents for progress on the probate. The last thing you want is your buyers pulling out because they weren’t kept in the loop.
I’ve asked them mate and they keep saying they don’t really get involved with probate!? He has definitely had probate granted as I’ve checked on gov.uk, just don’t know why he can’t prove it!

I’ve asked them mate and they keep saying they don’t really get involved with probate!? He has definitely had probate granted as I’ve checked on gov.uk, just don’t know why he can’t prove it!
If that’s the case then it could be the usual. Being fed bull from the solicitor.
9/10 if there’s a delay in a purchase where the survey & mortgage offer are in place, the solicitor haven’t bothered to do their job yet.
I see this on a daily basis in my job.

Hope you get sorted.

If probate has been granted they’ll have the document. If it’s been lost the probate registry can provide a copy quickly and cheaply so something doesn’t sound right. Do an online probate search. You’ll need the name of the deceased. Whack it in and it will tell you if a grant has been issued. If it hasn’t, you’re being led down the garden path.

If probate has been granted they’ll have the document. If it’s been lost the probate registry can provide a copy quickly and cheaply so something doesn’t sound right. Do an online probate search. You’ll need the name of the deceased. Whack it in and it will tell you if a grant has been issued. If it hasn’t, you’re being led down the garden path.
Probate has definitely been granted it’s says online, on the 15th of January! I’ve paid for a copy of the grant and it’s there in writing, I don’t think conveyancers accept it though because it hasn’t got the official stamp of seal from the court, There have been huge delays at probate offices so this could be an issue.

Back