Houghton Everyone Active

Wild Card

Winger
Hi after feedback for any that might be or have been members of Houghton everyone active.

pre covid I used to go to the gym almost every lunch time at Eldon square gym but it wont be reopening post covid.

Long story short, was furloughed for about 6 months, treat it like an extended holiday, drank loads gained loads of weight and lost just about all muscle mass.

I signed up for Hetton everyone active after covid. but quickly lost my patience with it. It has one weights bench (which I use for almost everything) that is meant to accommodate the Downs, Hetton Moorsely and the Easington Lane . You could never get on it. The machines were always free but there was usually one per muscle group so it was hard/impossible to vary a workout for a particular group so sacked it all off.

Anyway was having a drink with mate and he jabbed me in the side/back and said whoa that's the first time I have done that and it hasn't been solid, was like hitting dough. I laughed it off but im gutted.

Is Houghton everyone active going to be the same as hetton or is it better? Are their any better gyms that everyone active (within walking distance of the Mill/Burn area)? what made me think of going back to them is the classes for Houghton are boxercise, circuits and spinning, which i would happily do.

Have you tried Evolution in Houghton?

Not since I was about 19 (16 years ago). Is it a good gym? I only really need good access to a weight bench and dumbbells can do most things from them.

Hetton was not geared for people who trained for strength.

Max Muscle was a loss.

Last edited:
Houghton Everyone Active is even smaller and Evolution is crap.....not much in Houghton. ED Fit in Murton now has a gym space which is decent but Ultraflex opened near Soccarena which is probably the best with in a short drive, when you are not willing to pay the price at David Lloyds at Doxy

Houghton Everyone Active is even smaller and Evolution is crap.....not much in Houghton. ED Fit in Murton now has a gym space which is decent but Ultraflex opened near Soccarena which is probably the best with in a short drive, when you are not willing to pay the price at David Lloyds at Doxy
Thanks. I was going to Houghton today to check it out but I'm still rough off Saturday.

Been going to this instead while I decide on a gym. Really enjoying it, it's tough.

At almost 37 and after two years of inactivity the muscle aches are something else.

If you like stuff like that there is one called a project fitness that moved from the enterprise centre up Dubmire.
Don’t worry ha I’m over 40 now and used to coach CrossFit. Now I struggle to put my socks on

Will probably give that a look could cycle it in about ten mins from my house

If you like stuff like that there is one called a project fitness that moved from the enterprise centre up Dubmire.
Don’t worry ha I’m over 40 now and used to coach CrossFit. Now I struggle to put my socks on

Back