Houghton Cut

I remember that. Think they hit one of the supporting pillars on the left as you approached the Cut. The scars on the pillar were visible for a long while afterwards.

Bede wasn't it?
St aidans. One of them was head boy and after he died he had got 5 A grade a levels and a place at Oxford.
But thinking about it I think you are right and a couple were from Beds.

Last edited:
It used to have it, was excess hot water from the nearby pit I think.

What they found, however, was on icy days the water ran to the bottom of the hill where it refroze into a massive ice patch, rendering the idea useless.
Legend has it that they turned it on once and the bottom of the back became an icerink.

Never used to get through that way until the boy started football over there. Surely everyone knows they'll often have cameras on that road? Long enough stretch to just stick the cruise control on 50 and not worry about it.

I remember that. Think they hit one of the supporting pillars on the left as you approached the Cut. The scars on the pillar were visible for a long while afterwards.

Bede wasn't it?
St Aidan's. John Christopher, Mark Stones and a hitchhiker they picked up. Driver (I'm not naming him) only survivor.

Back