Houghton cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends on wether the players there want to start it. It seems most of them have packed in entirely or just moved on.

Im not sure if many at all have packed in entirely. The players that were at Houghton last season are scattered across a number of clubs across different leagues.

I don't think Houghton starting up again could be ruled out but the lads that were running it have a lot of other family / work commitments and running a cricket club takes a lot of time and effort. There were a lot of factors at Houghton that demotivated those people as well; one of which was the ground and protection of facilities. People grafted to raise funds, complete funding applications and maintain them as best as possible but very little assistance was available from the council (arguably understandable given the budget cuts) to keep those facilities safe and secure.

Same here, wouldn't have minded having a go playing for them

You'd have been welcomed with open arms this time last year!

Im not sure if many at all have packed in entirely. The players that were at Houghton last season are scattered across a number of clubs across different leagues.

I don't think Houghton starting up again could be ruled out but the lads that were running it have a lot of other family / work commitments and running a cricket club takes a lot of time and effort. There were a lot of factors at Houghton that demotivated those people as well; one of which was the ground and protection of facilities. People grafted to raise funds, complete funding applications and maintain them as best as possible but very little assistance was available from the council (arguably understandable given the budget cuts) to keep those facilities safe and secure.

You'd have been welcomed with open arms this time last year!

Shame like, hopefully it'll start up again. Will be moving close to the ground soon, now experience at all with running cricket club otherwise I'd have offered my help.

Probably written wrong by me. It should have said many had moved on. Apologies.

When I played there those factors were exactly the same. They spent a lot more time on the footy pitches than the wickets and it was annoying as fuck.

Fingers crossed Houghton get going again. Houghton has little enough as it is without losing its cricket club. Always a good bunch of lads and some brilliant matches. Plus too nice a field to not see any cricket. Saying that we would lose a few players if they got going again haha.n

Good to see Des Pratt getting a mention. Cracking bloke who seems to have been there for donkeys years.

Never like to see teams fold, even more so ones you’ve played for in the past. Hopefully they can get back playing soon(as long as the square hasn’t become a football pitch!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back