Hotel refund advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he paid on a credit card he can claim it back, piece of piss. If he paid on a debit card he may be able to claim it back. If he paid cash he's fucked. Basically he (you probably) just needs to google credit/ debit card chargebacks - but you're entitled to them if the goods were misrepresented or faulty (which in this case it sounds like they were). It's much easier with credit than debit cards but some banks are increasingly ok about it with debit cards too iirc.

Had simil;ar with a hotel in Edinburgh. was for a family room but room was soo small with 3 beds crammed in. Told the hotelier we weren't staying for that reason. He showed us another equally as bad.
I complained to Booking.com who tried to resolve but this A*hole was saying that we didn't show up.
Paid by Barclaycard so when they took up the case it was refunded immediately by them for them to reclaim from the hotels account.

Moral is to always pay by credit card as you always have a fall back

Had simil;ar with a hotel in Edinburgh. was for a family room but room was soo small with 3 beds crammed in. Told the hotelier we weren't staying for that reason. He showed us another equally as bad.
I complained to Booking.com who tried to resolve but this A*hole was saying that we didn't show up.
Paid by Barclaycard so when they took up the case it was refunded immediately by them for them to reclaim from the hotels account.

Moral is to always pay by credit card as you always have a fall back
Care to name and shame? PM ok if you don't want to publicise.

I ask as I book hotels for visitors at times and would want to avoid. Ta

Care to name and shame? PM ok if you don't want to publicise.

I ask as I book hotels for visitors at times and would want to avoid. Ta

Counan Guest House, 41 Minto St

Asian run. Overflowing bins at the front door and hasn't had a lick of paint since Oooor Willie was a lad

Fancy letting your son head off on holiday abroad when he can't last a day without crying to you. Did you put a double knot in his laces before he left? If not, I hope he doesn't trip over at that menacing height.

Also, just because you put 'Right' before you started your post doesn't disguise 'so' followed. A lot of people won't have even bothered reading.

Right so number one son had a budget hotel booked in Florence for three nights through hotels.com. After that he was going to Rome to stay with friends. When he gets there the room is completely uninhabitable. He's doing it on the cheap so not expecting a palace, but it's not safe - lights that keep shorting on and off, exposed wires hanging down in the bathroom and a backed up unflushable toilet.

He's not staying there but there's nowhere else he can afford in the city so all he can do is get a train to Rome tonight where he has somewhere to stay. He's called hotels.com but they've said all he can get back is his booking fee. He hasn't got time to hang about or he won't have a roof over his head, and the hotel isn't giving him a refund for the room.

How does he get a full refund? Does he have to engage in a potentially fruitless long distance email war with a non English speaking proprietor of a shit hole, or does he have rights via the online agent?

He's staying in the hotel, dont let him kid you he hasnt, this is a fish for "dad can you send me some money for a different hotel" as he's blown more money that he wanted to on booze/strippers etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back