Hotel refund advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so number one son had a budget hotel booked in Florence for three nights through hotels.com. After that he was going to Rome to stay with friends. When he gets there the room is completely uninhabitable. He's doing it on the cheap so not expecting a palace, but it's not safe - lights that keep shorting on and off, exposed wires hanging down in the bathroom and a backed up unflushable toilet.

He's not staying there but there's nowhere else he can afford in the city so all he can do is get a train to Rome tonight where he has somewhere to stay. He's called hotels.com but they've said all he can get back is his booking fee. He hasn't got time to hang about or he won't have a roof over his head, and the hotel isn't giving him a refund for the room.

How does he get a full refund? Does he have to engage in a potentially fruitless long distance email war with a non English speaking proprietor of a shit hole, or does he have rights via the online agent?

Complain through the site he booked it through, i made a complaint a few year back on a shit tip we booked in Budapest through Expedia, complaint was resolved and got full refund including the night we stopped in it. Make detailed list of all the problems and take photos if need be.

Complain through the site he booked it through, i made a complaint a few year back on a shit tip we booked in Budapest through Expedia, complaint was resolved and got full refund including the night we stopped in it. Make detailed list of all the problems and take photos if need be.
I did the same in the Philippines. Purposelý booked one place as the lesser of 2 evils. Arrived there and they told me they were fully booked and would try to get me into another place. The place was only 5 minutes walk away but the guy was trying to make me pay for the taxi. Nope. So we get there and the cost of the room is more "that's your problem" I tell them. They didn't argue back. The room was a shithole. Holes in the bathroom door, basic as fuck (much worse than the other place I had booked) and I HD to share with the biggest cock roach I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen many.

I checked out and complained to Agoda who I had booked with. They refunded me and gave me a 10 or 20$ discount of my next booking also. In terms of Asia, this is another night or two stay.

I did the same in the Philippines. Purposelý booked one place as the lesser of 2 evils. Arrived there and they told me they were fully booked and would try to get me into another place. The place was only 5 minutes walk away but the guy was trying to make me pay for the taxi. Nope. So we get there and the cost of the room is more "that's your problem" I tell them. They didn't argue back. The room was a shithole. Holes in the bathroom door, basic as fuck (much worse than the other place I had booked) and I HD to share with the biggest cock roach I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen many.

I checked out and complained to Agoda who I had booked with. They refunded me and gave me a 10 or 20$ discount of my next booking also. In terms of Asia, this is another night or two stay.
How was the rest of the sex holiday mate?

Aye the place in Budapest was horrendous, advertised as 5 minutes walk from tram stop when it was at least 15 minutes which is a bit annoying in 40 degree heat, anyway we get there and it's a shit tip, outdated, manky, wifi not working, lift not working, air con not working, nothing at all around it no shops or restaurants, checked out the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back