Hotel Mumbai

Film about 2008 terror attacks, out at cinema or on sky if you have the movies.

One of the most powerful films I've ever watched. Very very grim but it is a must see IMO.
Watched it last night gave it 9.3/10 on the movie thread.

Hotel Mumbai
9.3/10
Dramatization of a true story. This is a brilliant film. Terrorists attack a posh hotel in India. The hotel staff do everything to protect their guests as the terrorists armed to the teeth with AK47s & grenades hunt them down. Its very realistic and doesn't hold back on the gore it also gets like Die Hard for a moment. There are no boring bits in this film its thrilling from start to finish.

Hotel Mumbai
9.3/10
Dramatization of a true story. This is a brilliant film. Terrorists attack a posh hotel in India. The hotel staff do everything to protect their guests as the terrorists armed to the teeth with AK47s & grenades hunt them down. Its very realistic and doesn't hold back on the gore it also gets like Die Hard for a moment. There are no boring bits in this film its thrilling from start to finish.

i take it it's not on Netflix? I fancy watching something tonight

Film about 2008 terror attacks, out at cinema or on sky if you have the movies.

One of the most powerful films I've ever watched. Very very grim but it is a must see IMO.
Friend of mine watched it on his firestick a few weeks back, haven't a clue how but he did, gave it an 8/10 I also know a lad and lass from Sunderland who stayed in that self same hotel a few months before the incident.

just seen its on at the tyneside cinema. i think i might go along. i can still remember it clear as day, thats how i was shocked to find out it was 2008. the photos of it happening looked terrifying

I saw this a few weeks back on IPTV and felt it was really brutal. I have been to the Taj, stayed at he Trident and been to the train station.

Its a really tough watch at times, but I heard Jason Isaacs explain on 5 live about the direction they were given by the people involved so have to respect their views.

I saw this a few weeks back on IPTV and felt it was really brutal. I have been to the Taj, stayed at he Trident and been to the train station.

Its a really tough watch at times, but I heard Jason Isaacs explain on 5 live about the direction they were given by the people involved so have to respect their views.

It's not really something you can make a film about without being brutal. Certainly not a nice watch but it was excellent.

Hotel Mumbai
9.3/10
Of a true story you say marra!?

It's not really something you can make a film about without being brutal. Certainly not a nice watch but it was excellent.
Yeah, I found it maybe a bit gratuitous, but hearing how they mimicked the scenes from CCTV it kinda made sense. Also, knowing and working with so many Indians as I do offshore it maybe resonated more

Friend of mine watched it on his firestick a few weeks back, haven't a clue how but he did, gave it an 8/10 I also know a lad and lass from Sunderland who stayed in that self same hotel a few months before the incident.

I'e stayed at the Tajma a couple of times before and after the incident. Had dinner at the restaurant at the Oberoi too.

The bar at the Taj has a plaque to VJ Salazer, the policeman who died in the fighting. The Maitre de and the Chef at the Oberoi died fighting iirc

We had no kids last night and were looking for something to do. I checked the cinema listings & this was showing but we never went. I'm gutted that we didn't, now. 🤦‍♂️

Back