Hotel Chocolat - Channel 5 Now

Had no idea he was from the region, I’m in Cambridgeshire and there’s quite a Hotel Chocolat presence here and in the surrounding counties north of London. Seems like a “more” ethical product than others, will buy more from them in the future.

Had the Macadamia a bit ago from a first delve into Christmas things.
Dark Rum, "Going Nuts" Hazlenut, Gianduja, to go.
No gannet.

I won't be watching this.

Should be a right fat kernt the amount he pouches. Unless its all for SJ, and he's becoming a feeder. :eek:

No, but if you're opening a good quality chocolate shop, there's far better options for your flagship store.

It’s not a flagship store. There’s one in Newcastle, and the Metrocentre.

It’s a ket shop and coffee shop. Why shouldn’t they open one in Sunderland?

It’s a bit more than a ‘ket shop’. It’s a premium product with premium pricing. You only need to look around the town to see the sort of shop which is demanded by shoppers in Sunderland (it’s a fact that town centres become whatever is demanded of them). Sunderland wants the type of shop that piles them high and sells them cheap. This will no doubt start an argument on here, but it’s a demonstrable fact, whether this is because there is less money in the town than in other places, or is because the customers with more disposable income have abandoned Sunderland’s shopping offer is more of a debate. I personally think that there is money in Sunderland but those who have it (to spend in shops) have long-since stopped using the town centre and frequent Newcastle or the Metro centre. But you simply can’t deny that our town is geared towards those with little disposable income, especially when you compare it to towns like Cambridge, York, Leeds etc.

That isnt what was said though was it?

If you're starting a new business, the first store usually is the flagship one. You'd open the first one somewhere with a bit of footfall which is unlikely to be sunderland. No one is saying Sunderland shouldnt get one, just get one a bit down the line once a bit of brand identity has been built up.

Good news. Hope it does well. There a box of their stuff in the pantry just behind me. When Mrs R finally opens it, there is scope for me to nab one or two bits.

And here they come. Can’t wait to knock Sunderland.

It’s no worse than any other town centre up and down the land.
You’re right it’s not, but it’s the people of sunderland that’s the problem here.

You’ll hear me bang on about the city centre being the same the vast majority of towns and cities up and down the land, but if I had a new business idea and it’s a shop, it’s pretty obvious not to start it in Sunderland because the residents don’t appear to support any new ventures, look at the amount of stuff that’s opened and pretty much shut straight away.

If I had a business idea of creating a brand and growing it, id use Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, York and build it before coming back to my home town.

Imagine opening a high end ket shop in Sunderland man, the locals would rather spend their dosh on nearly out of date shite from Poundland!

I love the place and wouldn’t leave, but let’s be honest with ourselves here.

Back