Hot food Hard men

Scimmy

Striker
This. A few years ago I had about 2/3 indians a week, worked my way up to eating a phal (hotter than vindaloo) without needing a drink of water. I genuinely discovered more flavour to vindaloo the more I became immune to its heat.
This is it, like. And what people who don't like heat in their curries miss is the endorphin rush that a good hot dose of chile provides.

Lexingtongue

Striker
Ate what I thought was authentic Indian, given meat and vegetables cooked in basic spices, curry sauce again at a basic level then a selection of herbs and spices to add to my dish to taste.

No knife and fork, had to eat it all using a naan bread as a spoon.
I ate at a place in Bangalore where you had to use your hands, it's harder to do than you think, isn't it?

Laeotaekhun

Striker
Most spices are hot though.

I laugh when people ask for a spicy dish thinking it means hot :lol:
I'm confused in what you're trying to say, as your first sentence appears to be at odds with your second.

Do you class cardamom, nutmeg, cumin etc as hot?

They are all spices.

Last edited:

StevenSAFC

Midfield
I've got a mte who used to be like this. Sweating like a fat mess eating a madras as if he had something to prove, but always claimed he liked it. When he grew up a bit he started getting other, less hot stuff like rogans and jalfreze and says he much prefers it!

I do hate it but also find it funny when I order a curry expecting it to be okay and it blows your tits off. I got a north indian chilli garlic which was 'mild to hot' in Kizmot in Edinburgh. I forgot this is the place which does the 'Kizmot killer' where they have to have gas masks on the make the curry. Their idea of 'mild hot' is waaaay different to mine. I could't see or think straight after eating some of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15183070

Last edited:

lurker

Striker
I've got a mte who used to be like this. Sweating like a fat mess eating a madras as if he had something to prove, but always claimed he liked it. When he grew up a bit he started getting other, less hot stuff like rogans and jalfreze and says he much prefers it!

I do hate it but also find it funny when I order a curry expecting it to be okay and it blows your tits off. I got a north indian chilli garlic which was 'mild to hot' in Kizmot in Edinburgh. I forgot this is the place which does the 'Kizmot killer' where they have to have gas masks on the make the curry. Their idea of 'mild hot' is waaaay different to mine. I could't see or think straight after eating some of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15183070
:D

Class

Loving the Reformed HFHM stories

Anyone else seen the error of their ways?