Hot food Hard men

lurker

Striker
Ate what I thought was authentic Indian, given meat and vegetables cooked in basic spices, curry sauce again at a basic level then a selection of herbs and spices to add to my dish to taste.

No knife and fork, had to eat it all using a naan bread as a spoon.
That's the way

Don't need spoons

D

Deleted member 29601

Ate what I thought was authentic Indian, given meat and vegetables cooked in basic spices, curry sauce again at a basic level then a selection of herbs and spices to add to my dish to taste.

No knife and fork, had to eat it all using a naan bread as a spoon.
What was it then?

Ceverton

Midfield
I really enjoy the taste of chillies (the mid range are really fruity in flavour) and often graze on them (never eat anything hotter than a scotch bonnet raw mind - they are superb diced and added to a pizza).

The bit I never understand is people saying you cant tast curries/dishes that are too hot. (It depends what an individual finds too hot). I stay clear of most Vinadloos, not cos they are too hot, but because most places dont make them right so its all a bit bland in taste.

Edit: Videoing yourself eating extract used in grenades is a bit stupid mind.
This. A few years ago I had about 2/3 indians a week, worked my way up to eating a phal (hotter than vindaloo) without needing a drink of water. I genuinely discovered more flavour to vindaloo the more I became immune to its heat.

banburysafc

Winger
I used to live with a lad who laced that Dave's Insanity Sauce all over his food then would end up leaving half of it and claim he wasn't that hungry. Bizarre.

This. A few years ago I had about 2/3 indians a week, worked my way up to eating a phal (hotter than vindaloo) without needing a drink of water. I genuinely discovered more flavour to vindaloo the more I became immune to its heat.
This^ I built up a resistance too many years ago, I managed to order a phal and asked for it extra hot, it was lovely and I licked the carton out. Don't eat much hot food these days so find fajitas to hot for me. I don't brag about this cos im hard, I just like to say ive experienced hot food and it was a good experience too.

Cookie

Midfield
Worked with a lad who added this ridiculous chilli sauce to practically everything he ate. Asked him why he always put it on everything and he was just like "do you not like spicy food?" I said aye I do but I don't see the point in making everything you eat taste the same like! It's like these Philistines who chuck shitloads of tomato sauce on everything.
My four-year old would punch your lights out for that comment.

lurker

Striker
This^ I built up a resistance too many years ago, I managed to order a phal and asked for it extra hot, it was lovely and I licked the carton out. Don't eat much hot food these days so find fajitas to hot for me. I don't brag about this cos im hard, I just like to say ive experienced hot food and it was a good experience too.
Of course you don't :D

That's exactly what you're doing

Phaal extra hot man

What a dick

T

toenails

Did anyone ever do curry hell at that place in Newcastle?

I went with a couple of mates and they were broken, but I had to get them to add additional ghost chillis as it wasn't hot enough for me
Been there done that got the t-shirt there mate

The curry hell was just like eating a pack of ready salted crisps, absolutely nee flavour iirc there

If I want to have a curry, I have to let the kitchen know beforehand so they can order in industrial-strength capsaicin imo there

Lusharooney there mate

MonkeyLove

Striker
Depends where the heat comes from.

Vindaloo, Madras etc are just red chilli powder in greater quantities.

Fresh chillies in the dish add heat and flavour