Hot food Hard men

lurker

Striker
anyone know any?

The sort of twerp that has to have the hottest curry on the menu, regardless of what it's flavoured with, just because it's the hottest, and it doesn't bother him, in the slightest!

Brings a jar of chillis to barbecues and dinner parties.

Videos themselves eating BANNED CHILLI EXTRACT and the like.

It's for people who feel they have something to prove imho.

Musicman

Striker
anyone know any?

The sort of twerp that has to have the hottest curry on the menu, regardless of what it's flavoured with, just because it's the hottest, and it doesn't bother him, in the slightest!

Brings a jar of chillis to barbecues and dinner parties.

Videos themselves eating BANNED CHILLI EXTRACT and the like.

It's for people who feel they have something to prove imho.
This should be good

dangermows

Striker
I really enjoy the taste of chillies (the mid range are really fruity in flavour) and often graze on them (never eat anything hotter than a scotch bonnet raw mind - they are superb diced and added to a pizza).

The bit I never understand is people saying you cant tast curries/dishes that are too hot. (It depends what an individual finds too hot). I stay clear of most Vinadloos, not cos they are too hot, but because most places dont make them right so its all a bit bland in taste.

Edit: Videoing yourself eating extract used in grenades is a bit stupid mind.

black-cat

Striker
Love spicy food but not to the point where the burn completely overpowers everything. A good madras is the hottest I'll go with Indian's for example, me cousin gets a vindaloo but I can only eat one piece of chicken from it, don't see the point when that's the case

dangermows

Striker
Love spicy food but not to the point where the burn completely overpowers everything. A good madras is the hottest I'll go with Indian's for example, me cousin gets a vindaloo but I can only eat one piece of chicken from it, don't see the point when that's the case
Not enough to know spicy doesnt mean hot ;)

Jal Jul is as hot as Vindaloo, but unlike Vindaloo it actually tastes really nice.

Edit: For proof, try the Naga Jal Jul at The Valley in Corbridge, that is very hot but also very tastey.

lurker

Striker
Exactly this mate! A madras, or jalfrezi is a work of art

Vindaloos are heresy

Discopants91

Striker
I really enjoy the taste of chillies (the mid range are really fruity in flavour) and often graze on them (never eat anything hotter than a scotch bonnet raw mind - they are superb diced and added to a pizza).

The bit I never understand is people saying you cant tast curries/dishes that are too hot. (It depends what an individual finds too hot). I stay clear of most Vinadloos, not cos they are too hot, but because most places dont make them right so its all a bit bland in taste.

^^Hot Food Hard Man^^

dangermows

Striker
^^Hot Food Hard Man^^
Far from it. Those are the types that enter chilli eating competitions etc. Basically wouldnt have a clue about flavours etc but just want to show they feel no pain (which we can tell by the fact they are crying, almost spweing and gulping down eight pints of milk with each chilli)

Discopants91

Striker
Far from it. Those are the types that enter chilli eating competitions etc. Basically wouldnt have a clue about flavours etc but just want to show they feel no pain (which we can tell by the fact they are crying, almost spweing and gulping down eight pints of milk with each chilli)
Ayye, you just casually scran vindaloo "for the flavour".

It's a filthy curry.

dangermows

Striker
Exactly this mate! A madras, or jalfrezi is a work of art

Vindaloos are heresy
Jalfrezi doenst pack enough of a punch. The Madras is a winner usually mind.

Those that love their hot and spicy food know Thai beats Indian (or should that be Bangladeshi) food hands down.

Ayye, you just casually scran vindaloo "for the flavour".

It's a filthy curry.
Read my post, i said i swerve Vindaloo cos it lacks flavour (well it does when made in the UK). The vindaloo on offer at Goa (Seaburn) lacks heat and flavour, double disaster.

pedro_1879

Midfield
someone who would act like that is likely just a load mouth in general rather than some sort of macho food warrior.

Plenty of people like spicey food and don't shout about it.

The type you're describing probably considers himself a LAD of some sort

Goat Eyes

Striker

I didn't realise you were Indian.

Dougal

Striker
Yup, we probably all know someone like that - I try to avoid going to an Indian with them ...... I got to love a decent Naga, which is usually spicy hot, but you can taste the food until I went to a new restaurant and it blew me socks off - had to order unlimited raita just to get through it!! Still, I'll persevere .....

lurker

Striker
someone who would act like that is likely just a load mouth in general rather than some sort of macho food warrior.

Plenty of people like spicey food and don't shout about it.

The type you're describing probably considers himself a LAD of some sort
A MAN mate, of the hot food hard variety