Horror films...

Did Chris Evans own the car at one point?

:lol:
I think he thought he did, I’m sure he wasn’t deliberately lying. There’s a ‘lesser’ Chitty (more than one, but I don’t know how many survived) that was hacked around and used in some scenes, he may have owned that one, but there’s only one genuine Chitty with reg GEN11. Picton auctioned him in L.A. if memory serves. I wish he was bought by someone who loved him and could have carried on where Picton left off.

I believe the real one is owned by Peter Jackson now, but it’s all a bit muddled. Even the media keep changing their mind. It’s a real shame Chitty is no longer in the UK. It was all over when Picton died, with no one to follow on from him.

As an aside, the seats are not a feather bed! Leather, very thin padding, solid bench underneath. I’d imagine they’re very uncomfortable, but I was too buzzing to care. :cool:

There is a good Japanese one where only a girl can see a ghost.

:lol:
I think he thought he did, I’m sure he wasn’t deliberately lying. There’s a ‘lesser’ Chitty (more than one, but I don’t know how many survived) that was hacked around and used in some scenes, he may have owned that one, but there’s only one genuine Chitty with reg GEN11. Picton auctioned him in L.A. if memory serves. I wish he was bought by someone who loved him and could have carried on where Picton left off.

I believe the real one is owned by Peter Jackson now, but it’s all a bit muddled. Even the media keep changing their mind. It’s a real shame Chitty is no longer in the UK. It was all over when Picton died, with no one to follow on from him.

As an aside, the seats are not a feather bed! Leather, very thin padding, solid bench underneath. I’d imagine they’re very uncomfortable, but I was too buzzing to care. :cool:
When we watch the film again I’ll tell the kids that the car is still flying.

Back