Horrific food that you see ppl eat regularly..

Sushi is rice, which sometimes contains fish in certain dishes.

If it all raw fish, it's sashimi.

Yes, I know that but nobody ever says "let's go to a sashimi restaurant" and there is no chain called Yo Sashimi! It's always "let's go for sushi".

I don't mind sushi rolls but there's no way I'm eating raw fish. If I'm paying for a meal in a restaurant then I expect them to cook the food for me. If I'm dragged to a "sushi" restaurant then I will stick to the veggie options.

Yes, I know that but nobody ever says "let's go to a sashimi restaurant" and there is no chain called Yo Sashimi! It's always "let's go for sushi".

I don't mind sushi rolls but there's no way I'm eating raw fish. If I'm paying for a meal in a restaurant then I expect them to cook the food for me. If I'm dragged to a "sushi" restaurant then I will stick to the veggie options.

The only person I know who refuses to pay for food unless it's a "hot meal" has spent a lot of his life locked up.

I suppose Sunderland could be considered a form of prison.

My favorite food ever

lush I agree

talk about old school, you sound like my Grandad, and he has been dead for 25 years

Beyond me how anyone eats any form of seafood. Absolutely stinks to high heaven, disgusting.

Don't mind most filleted fish especially when it is very fresh or the occasional tuna sandwich but I draw the line at any form of shellfish (what is the point of an oyster?) and as previously mentioned sashimi. The one exception is that I do like a clam chowder when in the US.

You couldn't pay me to eat something like this: Stargazy pie - Wikipedia

I've been to "hotpot" restaurants with several Chinese colleagues and customers in provincial China. Once you get past the fact that you're multiple dipping your chopsticks into the same big pot of stock in the middle, containing all the shredded beef, prawns, vegetables, windpipe and tripe etc it's delicious. You go to bed hoping that the boiling stock and all the baijiu you've drunk has killed anything infesting whatever you may have eaten.

This thread would be better on a Chinese expat board, fuck me some of the shit they eat turns the stomach, and as you say, the way they eat it too! After a week in China or worse, Korea, I'm usually seeking out the nearest McDonald's!

Japanese food is fantastic, Chinese food is patchy but can be excellent, Korean food is bones and gristle served with kimchi, and they like it that way!
Nah, not the stuff that I've had over there.
Brilliant stuff some of the Korean bait I've had.

Paté. Even the smell of it disgusts me
Never had one in teeside so i can't say,but the scratter takeaway ones are absolutely rotten. A dog wouldn't thank you for it

I had my first ever parmo the other week. Since lockdown 1, one of our locals has been doing takeaways. Ordered a `hot shot parmo`with proper chips and salad. It was bloody lovely
garlic as a main ingredient, i.e garlic bread, garlic sauce, garlic naan, garlic butter etc. f***ing putrid. Its a seasoning, it's meant to enhance the flavour of whatever you're cooking, not become the flavour.

garlick makes me bad, something about it just has me feeling rough as owt for hours after even though I dont mind the taste of it in moderation. Maybe I`m a vampire :-O

Last edited:
Paté. Even the smell of it disgusts me

I had my first ever parmo the other week. Since lockdown 1, one of our locals has been doing takeaways. Ordered a `hot shot parmo`with proper chips and salad. It was bloody lovely

garlick makes me bad, something about it just has me feeling rough as owt for hours after even though I dont mind the taste of it in moderation. Maybe I`m a vampire :-O
Doesn't eat pâte. Eats hot shot chicken parmo from a manky takeaway.

Back