Horrific. 17 year old girl stabbed to death

Sat in Paddington station having been down to that London for a site meeting, I love coming down for the day with all the hustle and bustle.

Never once felt threatened or nervous

To give some balance to the thread, I went to that London yesterday for a meeting and wasn't stabbed or shot once. Somebody bumped into me on Euston station, but they apologised straight away, so I didn't need to use any karate moves or start crying or out like that

It's a little disingenuous to post, 'I was in London today and wasn't stabbed or attacked', therefore it's not dangerous.

That's because, in general, you're not a recognised target.

The people being stabbed, beaten up and shot are young people primarily attacked by other young people caught up in postcode related gang disputes.

I have a neice in the MOD in Belfast who I visit and am happy to walk around, drink, etc.

But some of the locals are a little more wary because they're more likely to be targeted.

There are always different levels of danger depending on who and what you are imo.

Last edited:
It's a little disingenuous to post, 'I was in London today and wasn't stabbed or attacked', therefore it's not dangerous.

The people being stabbed, beaten up and shot are young people primarily attacked by other young people caught up in postcode related gang disputes.

I have a neice in the MOD in Belfast who I visit and am happy to walk around, drink, etc.

But some of the locals are a little more wary because they're more likely to be targeted.
Well quite. And thus the “stay safe” messages posted by the Shields banter boys are just as ludicrous

There are always different levels of danger depending on who and what you are imo.

Exactly.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, amongst seeing stabbings and that, I've seen people get followed out of the bookies after presumably winning on the FOBT or collecting a bet, and just get mugged in broad daylight.

The more serious criminals are generally going to target certain individuals, but equally there's little clampits who will run on buses in a gang and stick up as many people as possible.

Obviously it's not a third world shithole, but just because you aren't a criminal doesn't mean you'll be alright, as some seem to think

Back