Hornets? Bees? What are the insects buzzing about our tree?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Lots of druggies on this thread.

Hornets? Bees?
What are the insects buzzing about our trees?
Wasps, Fly's?
Got a few Bees stuck in my eye.
Frogs, Toads?
Don't mind me I'll get my coat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funny the things you end up learning or researching while on here.
Had a bit google after reading this thread and just found out bumble bees can sting multiple times and don't die when they sting things, would have bet a fair wedge of money that they were the same as honey bees only 15 minutes ago, every day's a school day :lol:.

Had a bit google after reading this thread and just found out bumble bees can sting multiple times and don't die when they sting things, would have bet a fair wedge of money that they were the same as honey bees only 15 minutes ago, every day's a school day :lol:.
Only ever been stung once by a bumble bee and it was a right pain, ached for ages after

Only ever been stung once by a bumble bee and it was a right pain, ached for ages after

I used to get hold of the things when I was a bairn, never stung once. Only ever stung off wasps, evil little bastards them things. Still think bumble bees are class like, food pollinating machines with a cute, fluffy edge.

This bumbler was a vicious little git, swooped straight down on me from nowhere, jabbed my arm and then away without any hint of an apology.

We used to have twenty hives of honey bees for years and those sweet little darlings only ever got me a handful of times and with reason. A quick flick with the finger nail to get the sting out and you barely feel owt. The hairy hippy species could learn some manners from them.

Bit of a Mandela effect moment this, I'm bloody sure they couldn't a few days ago! Interesting stuff.

Back