Horizon: zero dawn

This is interesting, been on the fence about this since it was released. Most reviews are awesome, but a few say it is quite generic and nothing ground breaking about it, but it looks phenomenal.

I caved and bought it over the weekend. Graphics are something else mind, voice acting is excellent too. Mechanics feel good as well. Reckon I'll plod through it and get it done in-between other games.

I'm stuck and frustrated!

Know how you feel. I am up to level 18 and tried doing the Cauldron Sigma mission and kept getting my arse handed to me, only way I could get out of it was loading a previous save. Cannot figure out if I tried to do that too soon (even though it says level 8).

Know how you feel. I am up to level 18 and tried doing the Cauldron Sigma mission and kept getting my arse handed to me, only way I could get out of it was loading a previous save. Cannot figure out if I tried to do that too soon (even though it says level 8).

I'm at the grave hoards and trying to kill the deathbringer. Already killed one of these and it was easy. But this one is a vicious bastard and I've got no cover so I last about 10 f***ing seconds every time! Had to switch it off!
Watch, I'll go back to it in a few days and kill him first time. Always the way!

I'm at the grave hoards and trying to kill the deathbringer. Already killed one of these and it was easy. But this one is a vicious bastard and I've got no cover so I last about 10 f***ing seconds every time! Had to switch it off!
Watch, I'll go back to it in a few days and kill him first time. Always the way!

Don't think I have come across that yet! Still in Nora territory, haven't tried going to Meridian too busy trying get as many side errands done.

took me ages,but have a look in the inventory and it will say what each machines weakness is,does make things tiny bit easier...also which bow are you using?

took me ages,but have a look in the inventory and it will say what each machines weakness is,does make things tiny bit easier...also which bow are you using?

I've got the sharpshot or something which is good for its top bit. Then fire arrows for the body as that's one of its weaknesses. My main issue is I just cannot get out the way of his turret gun quick enough! And there's 3 cultists I cannot get from the balcony so I've got those bastards on me aswell. Come and do it for me please :lol: I'm sick as fuck!

I've got the sharpshot or something which is good for its top bit. Then fire arrows for the body as that's one of its weaknesses. My main issue is I just cannot get out the way of his turret gun quick enough! And there's 3 cultists I cannot get from the balcony so I've got those bastards on me aswell. Come and do it for me please :lol: I'm sick as fuck!
Use tearblast arrows to knock off the turrets then just sit and pick it off from distance. Eventually it will start to overheat then just aim for the cooling vents. Use the focus and you'll see where they are. Takes a while but isn't too hard once the main weapons are knocked off

should be able to get at least 4 of the cultists with the precision arrow as i remember...
then as mackem dave says above,tearblast,and i used harvest arrows too.
think i used all my potions and my health was pretty low when i finished it off mind:)

I found for the big bastards lobbing the freeze bombs at them followed up with tearblast arrows killed them off pretty quick, certainly worked for the deathbringer in that scenario (nicked the method from some guy on youtube)

Fuck me, enjoying this game but it's too f***ing hard man. I'm level 18 and struggling with level 12 quests

TBH I felt the same but I love it, first game I have that I have stuck. Decided to stick with the main story and plan on going back and doing the harder side missions later when I have that super armour. For the moment trying for a stealth approach when I am going through machine territory and avoiding unnecessary confrontation. Up to Level 24 and nearly finished The Sun Shall Fall mission.

I have to say out of all the machines the ones that freak me out the most are those big crocodile snapmaws. Managed to actually knock a canon off a scrapper for the first time yesterday and took out a couple of snapmaws, which really gave me some satisfaction.

Fuck me, enjoying this game but it's too f***ing hard man. I'm level 18 and struggling with level 12 quests
Get a load of the different bombs that you plant. Then just stealthily plant a shit load of them, attract the machines attention and voila they die! Those and the wires between trees are the main things I used.

Back