Horden Oktoberfest

I seen Twister when they were just young 14/15 year old lads do a gig in The Fleming in Shotton iirc the place was packed as they were local, they were headlining the stage where bands such as FM have played on a Friday/Saturday night. Stevie has done ok for himself releasing albums and doing covers along side that. His music isn't my cup of tea and he loves himself a bit too much but he's a canny lad and knows what he is doing. Good luck to him.

aye i nearly joined them when i was 16ish as the new drummer but couldnt travel down to shotton where they practiced at the time so never actually got much further.

agree with you last comments too, need that bit of cockiness on stage but leave it for just the stage.

Yeah but it's in Horden unfortunately.

LAUGH OUT LOUD M8. Good one.

sorry but the way the industry is for musicians, there is no career at all unless you know someone so for stevie to get the band going still, covers and originals and have a fairly decent following its a good achievement and have to take your hats off to them for persisting.

Don't hold back mate, tell him what you really think. :lol::lol::lol:
im shitting my knickers as we speak :lol:

firstly see the fact its not the same day so not exactly stealing the audience. Plus, any local ran events for the north east I'm all for as it helps the local communities.

IF this was the same day and round the corner id understand your crying:lol:

Last edited:

aye i nearly joined them when i was 16ish as the new drummer but couldnt travel down to shotton where they practiced at the time so never actually got much further.

agree with you last comments too, need that bit of cockiness on stage but leave it for just the stage.

sorry but the way the industry is for musicians, there is no career at all unless you know someone so for stevie to get the band going still, covers and originals and have a fairly decent following its a good achievement and have to take your hats off to them for persisting.

firstly see the fact its not the same day so not exactly stealing the audience. Plus, any local ran events for the north east I'm all for as it helps the local communities.

Good luck to them. They're not for me.

Think you've quoted the wrong person/post here pal.

2 outdoor events. Dare say the temperature will be the same at both. Love a firework display in November narl. Standing in the cold. October is often still fairly mild anyway, hardly winter jacket weather.
Yes but unless you're still 15 you're not standing about on the piss at Houghton Feast are you.

I walked through Horden at night on a pub crawl a few years ago, I ended up having 2 fights and ended up with no top on, a few guys passed and one of them gave me a t-shirt (Thundercats.) I cant really remember what happened as it all happened so fast but my marra got hit so I hit the guy who hit him then another guy walking through Horden called me out for a fight he ripped my top off after I missed a left hook then apparently I picked him up and threw him over a car bonnet. Got to safety in my marras house after that but what a night that was.
Don't walk through Horden at night.

Especially not with a top on. ;)

Back