Hopefully she will learn her lesson

Instead of copying and pasting shit then bolding stuff use your own words to explain your point and I'll happily repond. I don't know what point you are trying to make right now.

Ah fuck, it that it?:lol:

I thought you were going on about the Typhoons.
I dont think i said it was an attempted highjacking, but if she attempted to open a door during it was serious enough with the attempted highjacking. I am not sure what the Typhoons would have been able to do if she had managed to open the door though.

I doubt she’ll ever pay it off entirely. She’s being made an example of.
So what does she pay?

Genuinely interested on how they organise this stuff.

Cos she obviously can't pay off the full amount anytime soon.

So what do they charge her?

So what does she pay?

Genuinely interested on how they organise this stuff.

Cos she obviously can't pay off the full amount anytime soon.

So what do they charge her?

I imagine it will be a percentage of her income which is calculated to be a punishment but not so that she can’t afford to live. Without knowing her gross, I don’t know.

In addition, she may only pay off 10% of the fine but £85k makes headlines and might put off the next idiot who gets pissed up and makes an arse if themselves on a plane.

It’s a placebo effectively.

I imagine it will be a percentage of her income which is calculated to be a punishment but not so that she can’t afford to live. Without knowing her gross, I don’t know.

In addition, she may only pay off 10% of the fine but £85k makes headlines and might put off the next idiot who gets pissed up and makes an arse if themselves on a plane.

It’s a placebo effectively.
Aye but that's a guess, I mean it's a reasonable one.

I was wondering if anyone actually knew, like they could exhange some of the fine for community service?

I was wondering if anyone actually knew, like they could exhange some of the fine for community service?

I’ll tell you what, that’s a cracking idea. Anyone who stops paying their dues defaults to community service.

Need to understand if management of community service is cost effective, but it’s a second tier of punishment which I think would be more influential.

Will they not need to take her to court?

If I puke in the back of a taxi and the driver says "right, that's £xxx fucko" then I say piss off what recourse does the rank have past a ban and a civil case? Criminal damage, drunk and disorderly?

If I puke in the back of a taxi and the driver says "right, that's £xxx fucko" then I say piss off what recourse does the rank have past a ban and a civil case? Criminal damage, drunk and disorderly?
Conditions of carriage on her plane ticket that they could take her to court on? No idea really

They already have taken her to court and she's received an 85k fine

Just sounds like the airline handed the fine to her, not that it's been handled by the courts.

"has been given an £85,000 bill by an airline."

She's not due back in court on criminal charges until August.
Oh it was just a bill.

So basically has to sell any assets she's got and bankrupt herself.

Although tbf how can you justify that level of a bill without expecting a court case.

I'd be interested to find out what happens like.

Oh it was just a bill.

So basically has to sell any assets she's got and bankrupt herself.

Although tbf how can you justify that level of a bill without expecting a court case.

I'd be interested to find out what happens like.
I'd roll the dice with the courts. If you are going bankrupt without challenging it you may as well drag it out and go bankrupt if you lose.

Imagine being in a position to go "£85k? Pfft, check or transfer?". I assume those people don't fly Jet2.

Back