Honeyman

He no better than what we have, will be a close game need to make sure we take our chances when we get them. A lot of evenly matched teams in this league.

Yeah that goal he scored at Wembley to get us promoted was very influential…o hang on?
So you disagree that he was more influential than Embleton because Embleton scored a goal at Wembley ? All other games are irrelevant.
I get it you don’t like him … I wish we still had him.
Opinions

I watched him disappear in too many important games… he should never have been made Captain. That was a shocking decision.
I think he was pretty decent at League 1 level but was a jack of all trades, master of none. Making him captain made him too much of a focal point, and he never had the game to carry it off. Get's more stick than he deserves because of the decision.

So you disagree that he was more influential than Embleton because Embleton scored a goal at Wembley ? All other games are irrelevant.
I get it you don’t like him … I wish we still had him.
Opinions
Ridiculous to suggest I don’t like him. I’ve never said a bad word about the lad and would be happy to have him back.
Just don’t like bashing EE or pitting our players against each other.

Better player and more influential than Embleton. He was given some ridiculous stick on here

In a Sunderland shirt Embleton's been more influential, not even sure it's close.

Put us 1-0 up at Wembley
Scored a last minute winner at Oxford
Scored the winner at MK Dons
Scored the winner against Portsmouth
Set up a last minute winner against Gillingham
Scored and created a goal in the 3-1 against Wycombe

Without any of those we're arguably not a Championship club.

In a Sunderland shirt Embleton's been more influential, not even sure it's close.

Put us 1-0 up at Wembley
Scored a last minute winner at Oxford
Scored the winner at MK Dons
Scored the winner against Portsmouth
Set up a last minute winner against Gillingham
Scored and created a goal in the 3-1 against Wycombe

Without any of those we're arguably not a Championship club.
Well he’s poor now despite that and unfair on honeyman given he wasn’t at the club

He’ll get the reception off me that 99 percent of away players get which is nowt. He done nowt here so doesn’t deserve any special cheers or owt and he did nowt wrong here either so doesn’t deserve any bad reception.

Just another away team player

Back