Honeyman

He’s a hard working lad and is easy good enough for the top of league 1 / lower end of the championship. It’s gave him a decent career so far and will continue to do so. He’s probably a bit short of being what you need if you want to push of promotion. Heard a few stupid boos but drowned out by the clapping. Not sure why anyone would boo him, can’t think if a single bad thing he did while he was here or after he left.

He left the field to applause because he's an ex player that was a local lad that came though the ranks and (most importantly) we'd just scored 2 goals to go 2-0 up so the fans were feeling cheery.
But (and putting aside any prejudice) you don't dispute my view that he was the best player on the pitch first half?

Always seemed grateful to have come through and got the chance to play for his club. It was a mistake to make him captain, a big responsibility and the decision backfired when Cattermole was still on the books. In the end he looked gutted after being sold to Hull.

Don't get the "he's shit" crack. It's not like he lucked out with a move to a championship club and never played since.

He was the best player until he got booked, then the good part of his game, hassling, getting a toe in, was finished.
Tin hat on but the ref booking three of them ( rightly so ) helped us massively-stopped their “ antics”.
Shout out to Patto as well learning how to run the clock down.He’s maturing well -everyone does this to us so why not .

Always seemed grateful to have come through and got the chance to play for his club. It was a mistake to make him captain, a big responsibility and the decision backfired when Cattermole was still on the books. In the end he looked gutted after being sold to Hull.

Don't get the "he's shit" crack. It's not like he lucked out with a move to a championship club and never played since.
Don’t mind him. I think he’d fit in our squad quite nicely for where we are

But (and putting aside any prejudice) you don't dispute my view that he was the best player on the pitch first half?
He was involved quite a lot for the first 30-35 minutes, caused a bit of threat to us, and also took their set pieces so was quite prominent. Not sure there was any player who really stood out in that time. After he was booked he was quite anonymous.

Back