Honeyman

You just seem really spiteful and vindictive about anything to do with George Honeyman.
Spiteful and vindictive? Fuck me what a drama queen :oops::lol::lol: As I've said on numerous occasions, George was my tip to make it big when he first started in the 23s but since he got injured he's gone backwards and doesn't deserve his place in the team never mind the captaincy. I really wonder what these people who rate him are watching. He's out of his depth by some margin sadly. Ross obviously rates him fuck nars why. Maybe Ross isn't the manager we all thought we were getting. This shite league should have been done and dusted weeks ago.

he works hard, he is is a position on the pitch that requirwes him to work, and not do flash things. he gets no credit for the work he does and work stick bevaue he is a local boy.,..just like hendo did..
What a stupid statement. You're comparing a quality international player to one not fit to lace his boots. Jesus wept!

Last edited:
He tries hard but he simply isn't good or strong enough. Playing him as an attacking midfielder is simply ridiculous, he seems incapable of playing a forward pass and he is constantly dispossessed, bar the odd late run into the box he offers nothing in that role. He has a lot of energy and puts the opposition under pressure but ultimately doesn't do enough to justify his place in the team.

Spiteful and vindictive? Fuck me what a drama queen :oops::lol::lol: As I've said on numerous occasions, George was my tip to make it big when he first started in the 23s but since he got injured he's gone backwards and doesn't deserve his place in the team never mind the captaincy. I really wonder what these people who rate him are watching. He's out of his depth by some margin sadly. Ross obviously rates him fuck nars why. Maybe Ross isn't the manager we all thought we were getting. This shite league should have been done and dusted weeks ago.

What a stupid statement. You're comparing a quality international player to one not fit to lace his boots. Jesus wept!
Is that what this is all about? You were wrong about him being the next big thing? Maybe, you're wrong again, now? Maybe, the truth is he's neither football's second coming, nor the turd you stood in wearing socks, but, no shoes?

He tries hard but he simply isn't good or strong enough. Playing him as an attacking midfielder is simply ridiculous, he seems incapable of playing a forward pass and he is constantly dispossessed, bar the odd late run into the box he offers nothing in that role. He has a lot of energy and puts the opposition under pressure but ultimately doesn't do enough to justify his place in the team.
I honestly don't think he even pressurises very well. He kind of runs in parallel with the guy in possession and in a sort of 45 degree angle. Its unique but he rarely wins possession back either.

I remember him coming on for a cameo in the premier league. He was stood on the touch line and completed missed the ball. It was at that moment, I thought ‘what a f*cking dog shite player’. Here we are, two divisions below, and yet I still find myself saying the very same phrase.

Is that what this is all about? You were wrong about him being the next big thing? Maybe, you're wrong again, now? Maybe, the truth is he's neither football's second coming, nor the turd you stood in wearing socks, but, no shoes?
Oh please windy pants stop analysing it's plain to see George is the weak link. Sadly you and Ross can't see it.

For me it stands out that his positive contributions are doing things that you wouldn't really expect a number ten to be doing. When he tries to do things you need a number ten to do such as a tricky through ball or dribble past a player he is often found lacking. The runs he makes are strange as well.

He either plays deeper or not at all for me.

he works hard, he is is a position on the pitch that requirwes him to work, and not do flash things. he gets no credit for the work he does and work stick bevaue he is a local boy.,..just like hendo did..

He's playing in the number 10 position I'm sure? That requires creativity and we'll an attacking mind.

His pressing up the pitch is massive for us. He’s massively under appreciated. For a lad who apparently offers absolutely no attacking threat he’s done canny to manage 8 goals despite missing a chunk of the season.

He reads the game well & it gets him a number of tap ins so fair play to him for that. It's not worth carrying in a 46 game season. He wouldn't get into the sides around us though.

Who's team would he get in then? And in place of whom?
Just from the top 6?
He’d get in the Charlton side over Jonny Williams who is a pretty similar player without the goal threat and less energy and yet was raved about by some of our fans.
Luton - Luke Berry.
Portsmouth and Barnsley I’m not certain he would due to the way they play but he’d certainly get plenty of game time. At the very least he’d compete with Ben Close at Pompey.
Doncaster he’d ahead of all 3 of the midfielders that started against us on Friday.

Just from the top 6?
He’d get in the Charlton side over Jonny Williams who is a pretty similar player without the goal threat and less energy and yet was raved about by some of our fans.
Luton - Luke Berry.
Portsmouth and Barnsley I’m not certain he would due to the way they play but he’d certainly get plenty of game time. At the very least he’d compete with Ben Close at Pompey.
Doncaster he’d ahead of all 3 of the midfielders that started against us on Friday.

Luke's Berry barely plays for Luton Elliott Lee plays in the 10 for them. Williams has meant to have been really good for Charlton anarl.

So unless he'd get in ahead of Lee at Luton in your mind there's 3 sides around us where he wouldn't be a starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don’t understand how people can’t see what he brings to the team.

Certainly room for improvement where his decision making with the ball in the final third is concerned, but his movement, pressing and completely unselfish runs let the likes of McGeady play and take the pressure off the players who don’t have the legs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don’t understand how people can’t see what he brings to the team.

Certainly room for improvement where his decision making with the ball in the final third is concerned, but his movement, pressing and completely unselfish runs let the likes of McGeady play and take the pressure off the players who don’t have the legs.

Can see what he brings but his limitations are that blatant that I don't think it's worth carrying on the football pitch.

It's okay if you don't have skill, pace & cant go past players if you can unlock a defence with a good range of passing. But when you can't offer that good range of passing you're basically playing as a donkey to carry the workload so better players can play around you. In the number 10 role I can't see why you'd want that, surely you want someone dynamic?

I get we are in league 1 so it's okay but moving forward if he's playing then we might aswell wrap the season in if we reckon we are going to challenge in the CH.

Luke's Berry barely plays for Luton Elliott Lee plays in the 10 for them
He started for them yesterday and would be a regular if it wasn’t for injuries. Either way, Lee is a much more attack minded player. Started out as a striker iirc. As an allround player i’d take him over Honeyman. It baffles me how underappreciated what he brings to the side is. A lot of our best attacking play involves him. He’s excellent at creating space and moving the ball quickly and keeping it simple.

Honeyman has some good points, really good energy, gets about the pitch something we lack when he isn't in the team. Lacks a bit of quality though for me, often misplaces passes or just doesn't quite find the final ball.
That's a good description, some of his qualities you really can't fault but others you definitely can. Gets a 6 rating every match....but he gets in the squad imo for his never say die attitude which seems to create goals for others, and sometimes for himself. It's kind of like he drives others on to play better than him, so they do, because they know they can :D.

Back