Honeyman

It's not just this, though I agree.

It's also he has looked a lot better when his positioning is deeper. When he was pushed further forward in a three, as the main attacker, he seemed a bit unsure of himself. Driving us on from a deeper position seems to suit him. You can finally begin to see what Ross must have seen in training to make him skipper.

He's a nice foil to Power/Cattermole there. We look balanced.
Disagree about being better deeper. He's better off scratting about in front of a deeper midfielder, like last night

Disagree about being better deeper. He's better off scratting about in front of a deeper midfielder, like last night

He's not the deepest, but he's deeper than he was at the start of the season when he was basically our number 10.

Tbh think him and Power were supposed to be relatively flat last night and Walsall. But their natural games vary, so yeah Honeyman does more "scratting". Which yes, I agree suits him.

He would work well with Cattermole. But Power, when he stays on his feet, is pretty high energy and a good passer too. We have options.

Genuinely find it hard to believe you could’ve been to the match tonight and not seen how good he was. Particularly in the 2nd half.

Agree, won the ball back 4 times in the space of a few minutes in the 2nd half when we were under pressure , great block on the number 19,won the ball back for the Gooch goal and was involved in the 4th goal , anyone who said he went missing must of been downstairs eating pies or at home !

He's really stepped up - seems to relish taking games by the scruff of the neck and linking midfield and attack

He has improved a lot. He never shys away from the ball, always looking to pick it up. His willingness to run with the ball is invaluable as well, you know when he gets it he wont just pass responsibility but try drive it forwards.

Think if he wasn't one of our own he'd be getting a lot more praise.

Agree. think thats his best position. But when we were short and he played deeper I was happily surprised at how well he played there. Probably most improved player this season.

He’s massively improved since the beginning of the season. He looks like our fittest player too, still sprinting flat out on 90 minutes.

Back