Honeyman

Honey and marmite on toast, what's not to like?
Everything. I feel sick at the thought, marra;)

I'm sick of hearing how players have found their level . He showed in a poor championship side he had goals in him . Who knows what level he and our other league 1 players can achieve .
Totally agree, mate. The likes of Honeyman who played in what must have been a horrendous environment, the last couple of seasons, the new signings and the young lads who have just come through are all unknown quantities in the championship (assuming we get promoted of course), and I am hoping that we will be presently surprised by quite a few of them:cool:

Last edited:
On the whole his best performances have been as the more forward central role in a 5-3-2 or in 4-2-3-1.

Played well last night,in the second half he seemed to get stuck in a little more.

Agree. He isn't good enough to play an attacking 10 role. His pressing from CM is very good in this league though .
And the key is in this league . He was good last night and in relative terms hasn’t done badly since he got in the side . For once I think he took responsibility when we were creaking because some times he can go a little quiet until the game is won and then he shows for the ball at two up! He didn’t do this last night and was driving them forward at 3-2 . This is his level and will be one of a number who are really contributing who won’t do as well in the league above . But 8/10 last night no doubt about it

Bloody hell, how embarrassed am I? It was Gooch, am mortified:oops::lol:

I thought he got subbed, it must have been the hypothermia kicking in!

See above. I wasn't at the time, I am now:lol:

Honeyman started coming off and handed the armband to power, but then gooch came off instead. Dunno if the 4th official programmed the wrong number or if we changed our mind

I'm sick of hearing how players have found their level . He showed in a poor championship side he had goals in him . Who knows what level he and our other league 1 players can achieve .
Some of them yes but not Honeyman. Just my opinion marra no need to get angry about it. :eek:

Involved in three of the four goals last night. And if you were to watch the buildup of all of our goals this season you’ll see him involved at some point in an awful lot of them, usually giving a very slick pass or helping to move the ball on quickly.

That’s in addition to the 2 goals and 3 assists he has.

I really don’t know why he gets so much criticism.

He'll never be the best player in the team (I mean overall, not saying he cannot win MOM) but there will be no one that puts in more effort and I've always be happy to have him in the team. I do disagree with the comments which refer to him going missing when we were behind. Whilst he won't be the one to win the ball and then take on 2-3 men, for me, when were under the cosh (particularly the middle of the 2nd half) he was the main one who was chasing and harrying and winning the ball back. Great performance last nigh and pleased for him when he got the acknowledgement which I think he has deserved for a while when he was nearly subbed and when he went to the south stand after the whistle.

His pressing is superb, that's beyond any doubt. Much better in a 3, struggles in a 2

It's not just this, though I agree.

It's also he has looked a lot better when his positioning is deeper. When he was pushed further forward in a three, as the main attacker, he seemed a bit unsure of himself. Driving us on from a deeper position seems to suit him. You can finally begin to see what Ross must have seen in training to make him skipper.

He's a nice foil to Power/Cattermole there. We look balanced.

Back