Honeyman

“Struggling to finish top 6-10 next season”

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Laugh all you want ,all I can go off is the form we where in the second half of the season .We made a lot of league 1 centre forwards look like right handfuls most of the season .
At the other end we have a right Cart horse in Wyke up front ,what do you make of the midfield ,?
The manager ??

See where I’m coming from .?

Laugh all you want ,all I can go off is the form we where in the second half of the season .We made a lot of league 1 centre forwards look like right handfuls most of the season .
At the other end we have a right Cart horse in Wyke up front ,what do you make of the midfield ,?
The manager ??

See where I’m coming from .?
A dark half empty world where no allowance is made for squad rebuilding until end of transfer window.
Too early to be making predictions

A dark half empty world where no allowance is made for squad rebuilding until end of transfer window.
Too early to be making predictions
Your right ,still a bit to go before the season starts .My worry and has been after half a dozen games when everyone else was thinking we where going to piss the league is the manager.He hopeless in my opinion.

Fingers crossed we get off to a good start and get out of this league somehow .If I had to guess we will be down here for a couple of seasons yet .

Struggle to finish 6-10. Give over man

We might not get promoted again, but to say we’ll struggle to pretty much finish in the top half :lol:
Exactly. A staggering suggestion. Particularly given that one of the relegated teams is pretty much out of the reckoning already, and Ipswich have a similar rebuild job as ours last year.

Top half - ok, maybe a bit dramatic. But it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't make the play-offs.

All that said if we start off badly, there could be changes at the club.

Top half - ok, maybe a bit dramatic. But it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't make the play-offs.

All that said if we start off badly, there could be changes at the club.
You're underestimating how bad the league is imo. The teams 6 downwards struggled to put a run together last season.

We were lucky to finish top 5 last season imo, we won a lot of games that could have went either way. How many times last season could we say we murdered the opposition and were deserved winners maybe 8 or 10 at a push . That is why I think most are worried about the lack of signings further up the pitch it wasn't near good enough, we only have maguire and mcgeady in our team who can make things happen.

If you are playing one up front that position behind the striker is so important and honeyman proved last season he isn't up to the challenge.

We weren't a million miles away from managing it last season.

Peterborough, Coventry, Burton, Fleetwood weren't good enough to put a run together to catch Doncaster never mind us.

If we are in danger of falling out I think we'd sack the manager, the manager is the biggest thing holding the side back imo. We will be in the play offs next year.

Peterborough, Coventry, Burton, Fleetwood weren't good enough to put a run together to catch Doncaster never mind us.

If we are in danger of falling out I think we'd sack the manager, the manager is the biggest thing holding the side back imo. We will be in the play offs next year.
That, and a major lack of quality. We'll see what the squad looks like in a few weeks time, but it's already weaker than the start of last season.

That, and a major lack of quality. We'll see what the squad looks like in a few weeks time, but it's already weaker than the start of last season.

The squad has more quality than the sides around it. It did last year too. Just the style of play isn't there & the personnel selections aren't good enough.

Watched Luton play & their full backs got right up the pitch, same with Barnsley. Watched us play & they didn't cross the half way line enough in away games & looked shackled as soon as we took the lead in games.

In fact the whole game plan when leading was dire. The final a prime example, didn't even try to press the opposition.

This thread is about Honeyman so I'll add abit in about him, he was the worst offender of going missing when we'd take the lead, would just stand there between the striker & midfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
The squad has more quality than the sides around it. It did last year too. Just the style of play isn't there & the personnel selections aren't good enough.

Watched Luton play & their full backs got right up the pitch, same with Barnsley. Watched us play & they didn't cross the half way line enough in away games & looked shackled as soon as we took the lead in games.

In fact the whole game plan when leading was dire. The final a prime example, didn't even try to press the opposition.

This thread is about Honeyman so I'll add abit in about him, he was the worst offender of going missing when we'd take the lead.
O'Nien and James were at fault there a lot of the time.

Honeyman remaining captain and therefore part of the first team is why I think we will struggle.

Back