Honeyman

It really was. The sooner we all admit this to ourselves the better.

What's the point in sacking a manager when there isn't an obvious, popular replacement?

It was very likely we weren’t going up under Ross. He’d had 15 months to get Sunderland out of the league. We were going backwards.

I agree though that if Parkinson was the replacement I’d rather have given Ross an extra decade :lol:

Remember only a few weeks earlier Stewart had said to the fans that “Keane would walk here”. While I didn’t expect or necessarily wanted Keane, it did lend itself that we’d be pitching higher than Phil f***ing Parkinson.

It’s a shambles

It really was. The sooner we all admit this to ourselves the better.

What's the point in sacking a manager when there isn't an obvious, popular replacement?
Someone was failing massively in putting this squad together. If it was Ross, and I’ve seen numerous articles saying Ross always had the final say, then he deserved to go as the glaring issues of last season weren’t addressed in the summer. The issue was brining in a manager whose brand of football is the polar opposite of what this current squad is capable of playing. A decent manager would have had this team performing at least on a par with Ross with a view to changing things according to who he could bring in this January

Back