Honeyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor

Fortune striking this kid. Was released at 21 when it was u21s, signed back to us when they changed it to u23s.

Was minutes short of automatic contract extension due to the minutes hes had this year.

Not good enough and never will be.

I'm happy with this

I'd rather have him in the squad than the likes of Peinaar.

Honeyman was also very highly rated as a school boy. He was a feature in the u18 team which were runners up in the league whilst still at school

Reactions: DJM
I see people still haven't grasped that we are in the Championship.

Look at the players who did a good job for us in the Championship last time we won it - Daryl Murphy, Nyron Nosworthy, Darren Ward, Danny Collins, Grant Leadbitter, David Connolly, and Liam Miller all played in most of our games.

That's most of the team that at no point in their careers were really Premier League class.

But they did a good job for us because they were decent players at Championship level who worked hard.

No reason Honeyman can't do a job for us next year, and hopefully kick on from there.

I'm happy with this

I'd rather have him in the squad than the likes of Peinaar.

Honeyman was also very highly rated as a school boy. He was a feature in the u18 team which were runners up in the league whilst still at school

I agree with the Pienaar bit

But we already have squad players on the books, we need to sign a first choice centre mid, with Rodwell and Gibson, Gooch as back up

Now we just have another one.

Sorry to burst a few bubble on here like but he's absolutely shite. Too small for starters added to the fact he does nothing particularly well.

How on earth people can say with such confidence he is gonna be a great championship is beyond me.... Once again it's more in hope than evidence on the pitch.

Be interesting to see him play in his proper position as opposed to an out and out CM he's looked decent playing in a more advanced role for the under 23's.

I hope, for the sake of your health, you're able to get over this negativity quickly as I doubt the situation's going to improve massively in the short term.

What negativity? I'm a realist. None of them bar 2 goals out of the blue for McNair down QPR have shown anything to suggest they will be first team regulars.

Honeyman probably wouldn't be getting a deal if we stayed up. Sorry but that's the truth.

I was extremely negative in regard to Moyes and there was only one reason. He was f***ing shit but now thankfully he's gone :)

What negativity? I'm a realist. None of them bar 2 goals out of the blue for McNair down QPR have shown anything to suggest they will be first team regulars.

Honeyman probably wouldn't be getting a deal if we stayed up. Sorry but that's the truth.

I was extremely negative in regard to Moyes and there was only one reason. He was f***ing shit bit now thankfully he's gone :)
But*

I was extremely negative in regard to Moyes and there was only one reason. He was f***ing shit bit now thankfully he's gone :)
No need to apologise as I'm very much in acceptance with the likelihood that we'll be we're going to be relying on young lads who may be 'bang average' because of the recruitment over the past decade. It's not their fault, or the next manager's. Just my observation but you don't seem very happy about this.

Sorry to burst a few bubble on here like but he's absolutely shite. Too small for starters added to the fact he does nothing particularly well.

How on earth people can say with such confidence he is gonna be a great championship is beyond me.... Once again it's more in hope than evidence on the pitch.
I've got no idea how he'll perform in the Championship, but he's who we've got and there's not a lot we can do about it, other than get behind him if he's wearing the shirt.

Last edited:
No need to apologise as I'm very much in acceptance with the likelihood that we'll be we're going to be relying on young lads who may be 'bang average' because of the recruitment over the past decade. It's not their fault, or the next manager's. Just my observation but you don't seem very happy about this.

I've got no idea how he'll perform in the Championship, but he's who we've got and there's not a lot we can do about it, other than get behind him if he's wearing the shirt.
Of course he's not happy about this.

We have been relegated by a clown but 1 thing looks promising Honeyman signing a 2 year deal.

Of course he's not happy about this.

We have been relegated by a clown but 1 thing looks promising Honeyman signing a 2 year deal.
Is the situation going to change? What's done is done, time to reset and accept where we are then get behind whoever pulls on the shirt. If it's a young local lad who is't as good as someone who Stoke (or whoever we wish we were competing against) have just signed then there is absolutely no point being gutted and critical about it. If we end up peddling the shite players who've stolen a living from us and end up with a young team, then that's probably the best e can do/afford in this context. If they're bang average but are having a go and not robbing a living off us then we need to get behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back