Honest Opinions

SD's gamble on us is backfiring massively so he needs to swallow some pride and sack the fucker.

I dont know what he can do at this point.

He obviously doesn't understand this football club or strategy to any high degree, that much is proven. His inner circle have provided poor opinion, time and time again.

Even if he does admit he doesn't know what he is doing, where does that leave us?

By sacking the manager now, he costs the club a boat load and makes it somewhat of a laughing stock in the media. Now that he knows he is wrong in assessing what is needed at the club, how does pick he pick out another manager?

Should he go for someone that will galvanise the fans and provide a bounce? That's not conducive exactly conducive to any long term plan and may well find ourselves in a similar position next year.

Its possible that the right choice for the club long term is to take our medicine until the summer and keep costs down before any serious change can be implemented (as incredibly depressing as that is).

He could have a role talking to parents/schools or whatever.

I see what your saying but he’s on a managers contract. I wouldn’t want to pay him a managers wage to be nothing more than a schools liaison. Sometimes you just need to cut your losses.

The problem is the thinking behind why certain people are brought to the club including managers, players, coaching staff etc. If you get most of these decisions right in the first place then you don’t have to put them right later on

Of course everyone wants him gone, but...

Do you honestly think Parkinson will be sacked this week, Yes or No?

Yes from me

No, but if he's not, it's a monumental kick in the balls from Donald to each and every Sunderland fan...!

Naturally, it's a kick in the vagina for the lasses!

Last edited:
a heavy defeat on saturday and he will be gone.. his position will be untenable.. a defeat and we play ok and he will probably survive.. for now..
He's going nowhere in my opinion.. We can't afford to sack him and he only just appointed another one of his mates onto the payroll in some coaching capacity... Stuck with them all I reckon.

He's going nowhere in my opinion.. We can't afford to sack him and he only just appointed another one of his mates onto the payroll in some coaching capacity... Stuck with them all I reckon.

I don't believe that is true mind mate. If we sack him tomorrow, the additional revenue from the Boxing day game alone will probably cover his severance.

have disagree.. managers and staff come and go.. the club has to survive.. thats the important thing now.. not saying we are in any danger but as club its a shambles.. and its only going one way..

Yes he’s a football dinosaur, that coupled with a crap recruitment team - we’re gonna be down here for years. Get them all out.

He will be sacked when either the supporters force the situation or when the risk of relegation becomes worse than the cost of sacking him.

Nope. I expect Donald is so hampered by his own unwillingness to admit his horrendous mistake that he'd rather risk us being relegated than to hold his hands up and accept his mistake.

No. I still think they're going to give him the transfer window.

Can only hope he's better at spotting a player (if he's given that remit) than he is proving to be in the other aspects of management.

Back