Honest Opinions

I think he’ll get a transfer window and stay the season. I’m torn on this one. His record is shite but he’s not had a chance to change things with new players yet so I’m not sure how harsh we’re all being.

Personally he wasn’t my choice so I’d sack him, bring in Phillips and give him enough time to assess what he’d need in January and give him the rest of the season.

A game of a manager who doesn’t know what he’s doing vs a manager who didn’t know what he was doing 😉
We were 6th when he came in. Its not that he's not had a chance to change things - he has already made things a lot worse. Sending out the team to scrape a 0-0 on saturday was unforgivable against a team who were 15th and who we beat last season 4-1. He has essentially taken a play off team and told them they will struggle against a relegation threatened side. This is his doing and the players aren't daft - they know what he is doing. For me, I can't see how he could have done a worse job.

No. The results and more importantly the performances/selections warrant the sack.

He won’t be sacked until the transfer window is closed so the new gaffer doesn’t get a kitty/war chest. And the company line will be as there is uncertainty over the future of PP due to performances the club won’t back him in the window either.

Clusterfuck.

Which completely contradicts what he said when he got here. That he'll know when the fans don't want him any more and he'll go. He should've gone by now if that was the case
I don't think we can believe anything he's said since he's got here ! We were an ego vehicle when he got here and since the massive quick profit hasn't materialised (probably through his greed and ego) he now has absolutely no where to turn. The man is in a hole that he can't get out of and hasn't got the money to sort it !

How can they sack him, he had glowing references. This was the determining factor in his appointment and not his dismal managerial record. His record is still dismal and the references are still "glowing" so why would they sack the useless prick

Managers should be appointed with minimum points per game performance targets, the same as salesmen are given sales targets. The minimum should not be unrealistic but in the scenario of dismal performance they contract should allow for termination without compensation.

I don't think so, SD doesn't seem keen to admit he isn't very good at this.

Sacking him at this point when he was 100% his man, would be a massive admission of this situation being his fault. Not many folk are able to admit absolute fault.

I don't think so, SD doesn't seem keen to admit he isn't very good at this.

Sacking him at this point when he was 100% his man, would be a massive admission of this situation being his fault. Not many folk are able to admit absolute fault.

SD's gamble on us is backfiring massively so he needs to swallow some pride and sack the fucker.

If we can't afford to sack him, could Parky's role be changed - something at the academy? He does have a knowledge of the game but just not the right fit as manager.

If most agree that he should be gone because his brand of football is awful and he only has this one way of playing, why would you want him teaching our future footballers to play that way. That would mean the club stuck with even more limited players coming through. We wouldn’t be able to play them or sell them as no one would want them

I cant bear the guy but if he fronted up, sacked him and apologised for making such a terrible mistake, I'd have more respect for him. Fortunately, when FPP look at the sheet of results at the board meeting (which they organised) they'll have something to say on the matter...

Back