Honda closing Swindon plant

You don't know who Unipres also supply car parts too, do you?

If constant concerns to Nissan won't cause us to lose jobs and work then the loss of Honda pretty much is determined to it seems.

Mind you I am only agency so I know nothing about how much the loss of a supplier will hurt us or what will happen if Nissan downgrade us to a Level 3 supplier.

They supply Nissan, Renault and Honda.
Also sent stuff to Spain but Iam not sure who thats for...possibly Nissan.

They have a place in Birmingham that is for Honda so suppose that will be closing

It’s gone and despite protests and local campaigning it will not make a blind bit of difference.
Employment in the region is not that bad and just hope the massive site doesn’t become another land squeeze for another mass of shite new build housing.

How the world has changed though in a short period of time.
The Town built on Gods Wonderful Railway, GWR and the workers all living in the Town. Now most people add a few hours on their daily commute without thinking. No wonder mental illness caused mainly by stress and anxiety is on the up. I guess modern day working and living pressures.
As I tell most people ........ it’s the battle of not feeling in your own. Beat this and it helps. Endeth the lesson the book of SOT Chapter one.

Ah of course.

“The local Swindon mafia” firmly to blame

Definitely not Brexit :confused:

To be fair, the Swindon mafia started to ruin the place a long time ago.

BREXIT will be seen as a contributing factor but the reality is their piss poor model range and staunch defence of their home industry also played a part.

The EU Japanese trade agreement was the final nail

To be fair, the Swindon mafia started to ruin the place a long time ago.

BREXIT will be seen as a contributing factor but the reality is their piss poor model range and staunch defence of their home industry also played a part.

The EU Japanese trade agreement was the final nail

Production of the Civic will move to the US - they already knock a load out over there

Back