Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah but you wanted a minutes silence even when you didn't know if the person who died had anything to do with the van attack, prick. You clearly said that even if no-one had died you'd hold a minutes silence, mentalist

He was run over ffs, the fact we were debating if he had a heart attack before he was run over is absurd.....Lets be honest, only reason it didnt happen straight away and the new coverage was very little was that Muslims were the victim.....Same way that when a bloke wandered into a mosque in Canada and shot half the congregation virtually unreported in the UK, when a muslim couple in America shoot civilians then blanket coverage....The double standards are not even hidden but Im sure welcomed by you.

Mincer isn't homophobic, man. It means acting in a feminine way. Not all camp men are gay and not all gay men are camp.

This!

It's just as homophobic to automatically identify comments like 'prancing mincers' with gay people, IMO. Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen could be described as a prancing mincer, but AFAIK he's straight!

Effeminate gay men like Graham Norton seem to have become synonymous with homosexuality because they stand out and TV loves them. Meanwhile there's millions of gay men out there who are as macho as any straight man, just quietly get on with their lives, and are likely seriously pissed off with the homosexual=Nancy boy connotations.

That's the thing about homosexuality, most gay people are no different to the rest of us, except solely for their sexual preferences. Some people still don't seem to get that.

You wouldn't think that in 2017 we'd even need to have discussions about sexuality, but here we are.
Hopefully the homophobes will lighten the load on the NHS by insisting no gay doctors, surgeons or paramedics ever treat them. Blood transfusions? Oh shit, what if it's Gay blood? Then there's gay parents. Two men raising a kid? They must be nonces, etc.

There's actually an old US public information film warning teens of the dangers of 'The Homosexual', painting them as a predator, driving around looking for lads and befriending and grooming them. It's theme is that gays aren't to be trusted around kids. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sinister.

Even in 2017, some people equate Gays with nonces. It's f***ing appalling how thick and nasty minded some people are.

As you know Alex I was that mod and I'm afraid that your post is a gross oversimplification of what was said in a long series of pm's.

It could be construed from your comments that your complaints were not taken seriously, whereas nothing could be further from the truth.

Although subsequently I may have qualified what I said, I can't recall apologising for my wording.

The board's T&Cs are quite clear so if a member considers any content to be abusive, and that includes homophobia and racism, then they should use the report facility and the matter will be dealt with.

I wasn't going to mention who the Mod was but since you have come forward yourself I may as well reply.

I made a complaint about a post I found was abusive towards me, the only time I have ever done so in all my time on here. You happened to be the Mod getting back to me and for whatever reason disagreed with my point of view. I then tried to find out why you, being a Mod and therefore the 'face' of the board to the members, didn't see what I saw in said post. This went on for several PMs in which you came up with the words I mentioned earlier. It is one thing to disagree and not be taken serious when personal abuse is slashed out the way it was (to me anyway) but to then be told to expect said abuse because this is a football board with people mostly from the poorest, working class area of the land I felt was simply kicking a man when he was already floored. And as you well know I didn't take kindly to that at all. You may not have said 'sorry' but you did say in a following PM that you could have worded it better.

I learned that very day and from you alone that everything goes when it comes to casual homophobia on here. To just silently accept it because I should have expected it. Not once before nor after have I made a single complaint about a post on here. Despite having grounds for doing so more than once. And the reason I haven't is simple. It is pointless so why bother.

At the time I felt you left both me and the board down for backing abusive posters but am still here dispite it all. That alone probably pisses a few people off.

Thanks, the fact you are probably being at the slightest semi serious is why people like you need to keep their thoughts to themselves:)
Like me? You don't know me... I'm putting across a fair argument and you attack me.

Ok you win I lose what a sad world we live in :neutral:

This board is very Homophobic and yet there never anything done about it. Still exists and those who say it doesn't are naïve.

There was a post a few weeks ago about Lars and Sven Bender something along the lines of Benders Playing Together, while most see it as banter its definitely homophobic

How does a daft joke equate to fear of homosexuals? Should we not be allowed to make such jokes?

Like me? You don't know me... I'm putting across a fair argument and you attack me.

Ok you win I lose what a sad world we live in :neutral:
Attack You???!!
You make a statement pigeon holing the entire board. You will find it was you attacking me my friend.
Make a judgement on me or anybody else on here when you actually know them instead of pretending to be some sort of victim.

Some idiots will always continue to use it as a weapon of hatred. Recently we (nufc fans) had a rainbow flag made to show solidarity etc and some of the comments on twitter were f***ing mental. Luckily it is mostly ignorant old fuckers (sorry and im not pigeon holing all old people)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back