Homelessness

It is well known that there are many more men than women who are homeless yet there appears to be a big drive to support women. Shouldn't charities be doing more to address the fact that more support is needed for men? Or is it a case that we as a society still see women as being more vulnerable and therefore a priority?

I did some work earlier this year with a charity here in the US to provide new sleeping bags for the homeless. They didn't seem to care whether the people they were helping were men or women, they just wanted to help get them out of the cold.

I did some work earlier this year with a charity here in the US to provide new sleeping bags for the homeless. They didn't seem to care whether the people they were helping were men or women, they just wanted to help get them out of the cold.

Been reading about stuff in the US. Seems many blokes begrudge what they see as preferential treatment for women.

Nobody should be Homeless now, local Authorities have to assist everyone regardless of sex or vulnerabilities

For many it is a choice because they cannot face the reality of normal life. Met a lot of homeless earlier this year, and it was shocking how many of them didn't want help getting jobs, or somewhere to live. They just wanted to be left alone (and fed most of the time)...

For many it is a choice because they cannot face the reality of normal life. Met a lot of homeless earlier this year, and it was shocking how many of them didn't want help getting jobs, or somewhere to live. They just wanted to be left alone (and fed most of the time)...

I would never deny help to those that need it and a lot more needs to be done to reduce homelessness. I say reduce, because eradicating it altogether is a complete pipe dream.

Some people just want to remove themselves from society or lack the inclination to sort themselves out. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

I saw some poor fucker curled up in his kipping bag just alongside Morrison’s in Byker last Saturday at around 12pm. Admitadly Byker is a shit hole but right near the main entrance in the middle of the day is shocking.

Nobody should but some people will continually make poor choices that lead to homelessness

Of course, I've worked with Homeless in the past and some are beyond help.

In my old job I've help source accommodation for people and within 24 hours back on the streets, the thought of having to pay bills etc. is too much

Last edited:

Back