Homeless people

Excellent that. Thanks for the link.

It really seems that the donation gets to where it's supposed to go.

Also, have you seen the amount of people on there who've donated the equivalent of 100 places? :eek:

I always buy them a couple of packets of chewing gum, I enjoy watching them chew without getting sustenance.
It's a joke, it's only a joke.
:lol:
Oooh look at you with your fancy cell!!!

Last edited:
I wish I could tell between someone genuinely down on their luck and a professional beggar because I would give more if I could.

I haven't got a lot of sympathy for people who want to be homeless either. They're doing what they want to do.

I wish I could tell between someone genuinely down on their luck and a professional beggar because I would give more if I could.

I haven't got a lot of sympathy for people who want to be homeless either. They're doing what they want to do.

There's a bloke in Bolton who has a tent on the road just down from the station. He also has a dog (that pisses me off, but that's another issue)
He's been here ages. He even has a brush and sweeps round his area. He's been there so long it's amazing they don't charge him council tax.

What annoys me, is that there could easily be come kind of lodgings house created which would give him an actual room so he could maybe rebuild his life.
Or he can just in his tent and wait for people who pull up at the traffic lights to give him something.
I want him to be ok, but I don't want people to enable him to keep existing like this, when he could be living a more worthwhile, hopefully enjoyable life.

There's a bloke in Bolton who has a tent on the road just down from the station. He also has a dog (that pisses me off, but that's another issue)
He's been here ages. He even has a brush and sweeps round his area. He's been there so long it's amazing they don't charge him council tax.

What annoys me, is that there could easily be come kind of lodgings house created which would give him an actual room so he could maybe rebuild his life.
Or he can just in his tent and wait for people who pull up at the traffic lights to give him something.
I want him to be ok, but I don't want people to enable him to keep existing like this, when he could be living a more worthwhile, hopefully enjoyable life.
It's a bit of a dilemma for me. When I was at university I did some mobile care work and one of the people I visited used to sleep in Mowbray Park. He would get up in the morning get a bottle of diamond white and special brew then add a dash of meths. He said that was pretty much all he could remember until next day.

The veins in his legs collapsed he was placed in sheltered accommodation in his 50s. He hated it and told me if he could turn back the clock he would do it all again.

It's a bit of a dilemma for me. When I was at university I did some mobile care work and one of the people I visited used to sleep in Mowbray Park. He would get up in the morning get a bottle of diamond white and special brew then add a dash of meths. He said that was pretty much all he could remember until next day.

The veins in his legs collapsed he was placed in sheltered accommodation in his 50s. He hated it and told me if he could turn back the clock he would do it all again.

This is the thing. I don't agree with the Nanny State, but some people just need taking hold of and sorting out. I appreciate that is 100% Nanny State!

Excellent that. Thanks for the link.

It really seems that the donation gets to where it's supposed to go.

Also, have you seen the amount of people on there who've donated the equivalent of 100 places? :eek:

:lol:
Oooh look at you with your fancy cell!!!
Heard the ad on the radio and seems like a really good option which provides an immediate impact.

This is the problem.
Difficult knowing the professional blagger to the real desperate person.
One thing for certain though it is heartbreaking to see so many people struggling.
Just come back from Oxford with the Mrs (No) after going for a bite to eat and a few drinks. The amount of people sat in door ways with a blanket and a bag full of possessions gets to me.

This is the problem.
Difficult knowing the professional blagger to the real desperate person.
One thing for certain though it is heartbreaking to see so many people struggling.
Just come back from Oxford with the Mrs (No) after going for a bite to eat and a few drinks. The amount of people sat in door ways with a blanket and a bag full of possessions gets to me.
Me too. My daughter works in a restaurant and there are always homeless there every night. She says a taxi picks then up same time every night.

Me too. My daughter works in a restaurant and there are always homeless there every night. She says a taxi picks then up same time every night.

Best to pay directly into a charity.
Mind you still makes you feel both sad and fortunate when you see others struggling. Said to the Mrs today how can they think of the future with everyday the same as today. That really hit home today mate.

the ones in Sunderland aren't homeless they work for a lad from Hendon. he drops them off every morning he even supplies them with dags to gain extra sympathy

Still makes you feel guilty when you walk past and give nothing though mate.

Don’t Mate, I know.
Soft as shite I am. Worked hard all my life but so proud I’m a working class lad with no silver spoon. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t on this subject.
Walking past thinking how lucky you are doesn’t make it right does it.
Always tell my Mum. You’re on your own in this era.

Back