Homeless people

Actually looking online it may have just been a reference to another hotel offering their services as one has. The report I heard on the BBC TV news definitely said the decision had been reversed. Both might be true.

Christmas back on the menu for Hull’s homeless after hotel cancellation row

If they have backed down it'll only be because they don't want the negative publicity. Good on the other hotels mind, a couple have hoyed a dinner in for them as well. Cheered me up no end that, being all alone on the streets in winter is bad enough, over Xmas in particular must be heartbreaking.

Always give folk bait and hot drinks this time of year.
I was in Pontefract a couple of summers ago with the wife and it was a hot day. I fancied a cornetto so went into a frozen food shop and bought a box for 2 quid. Buying just one in a newsagents would have cost that and there was 6 in the box. I ate 2 the wife had one so three to chuck away.
I hate waste and over by the bin a beggar was sitting so I said do you want a cornetto? He replied I can't eat that I'm lactose intolerant. I was a bit taken aback, didn't know what to say, so gave him a quid and binned the cornets.
I thought about giving them to some passing kids but decided that it might be misinterpreted.:)

Genuine homeless folk I completely feel for.

The drunks in Durham who make out theyre homeless I’m completely sick of.
Even then, I bet if you look into their lives, they come from a dysfunctional background caused by the effects of poverty. Much of this and also homelessness could be sorted if those from poor backgrounds got an equal chance in life.

I was in Pontefract a couple of summers ago with the wife and it was a hot day. I fancied a cornetto so went into a frozen food shop and bought a box for 2 quid. Buying just one in a newsagents would have cost that and there was 6 in the box. I ate 2 the wife had one so three to chuck away.
I hate waste and over by the bin a beggar was sitting so I said do you want a cornetto? He replied I can't eat that I'm lactose intolerant. I was a bit taken aback, didn't know what to say, so gave him a quid and binned the cornets.
I thought about giving them to some passing kids but decided that it might be misinterpreted.:)

I’ve mentioned it on here before but I’ve been walking through Leeds, pissing down with rain and offered a homeless bloke my umbrella - he was just sat on the bridge near the hospital going up toward the uni completely out in the open.

He sarcastically replied “Oh great, just what I’ve always wanted.”

Cheeky bastard :lol:

Even then, I bet if you look into their lives, they come from a dysfunctional background caused by the effects of poverty. Much of this and also homelessness could be sorted if those from poor backgrounds got an equal chance in life.
Mate one of them threatened to chuck me mate off the bridge into the river cos he wouldn’t give him a quid.

I’ve mentioned it on here before but I’ve been walking through Leeds, pissing down with rain and offered a homeless bloke my umbrella - he was just sat on the bridge near the hospital going up toward the uni completely out in the open.

He sarcastically replied “Oh great, just what I’ve always wanted.”

Cheeky bastard :lol:
That's probably what the Pontefract beggar thought about my Cornettos.:lol:

Actually looking online it may have just been a reference to another hotel offering their services as one has. The report I heard on the BBC TV news definitely said the decision had been reversed. Both might be true.

Christmas back on the menu for Hull’s homeless after hotel cancellation row
I may be shot down but I wouldn't be happy if 28 homeless people were staying in a hotel I'd booked over Christmas. These people have serious issues and live chaotic lives. The hotel won't have the staff to deal with any incidents that will arise. Unless the charity have some social workers on hand when it kicks off.

I may be shot down but I wouldn't be happy if 28 homeless people were staying in a hotel I'd booked over Christmas. These people have serious issues and live chaotic lives. The hotel won't have the staff to deal with any incidents that will arise. Unless the charity have some social workers on hand when it kicks off.

That did cross my mind as well. If you've got people who've paid to stay in the hotel for a break but are disturbed by others kicking off, it's not fair on those people.

Two nights in a hotel isn't going to fix things for the homeless people. I'd rather the money was spent on longer term solutions getting them whatever help they need to improve their lives.

That did cross my mind as well. If you've got people who've paid to stay in the hotel for a break but are disturbed by others kicking off, it's not fair on those people.

Two nights in a hotel isn't going to fix things for the homeless people. I'd rather the money was spent on longer term solutions getting them whatever help they need to improve their lives.
It seems a bit reckless of the charity to me. I assume they know what they are doing.

Back