Homeless people

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

If I was a Tyrant, I'd probably round them up, but I'd get them help to get them out of their current situation... and if that didn't work, I'd offer them the Herbal volcano.

I’m looking at doing some work at a shelter in the near future.

Doubtless homeless people contribute to crime and anti-social behaviour but they still need help.

I do agree the parental/dictatorial approach is needed for some people.

Course they do or else why would they sit on the floor when there's a park bench nearby? Marketing.

Having said that it's hardly a great profession! I feel for them but it's pointless giving them money as what good could come out of it? Better to give to a homeless charity imo
They were selling chuppa chup lollys outside the beer garden of one pub. :lol:

When I worked at the Centre for Life there was always a few of them hanging around central station. I took them sandwiches that had not been sold in the on site cafe, when I tried to hand them over I was met with "we don't want your f***ing sandwiches".

Pretty much gave up after that.

When I worked at the Centre for Life there was always a few of them hanging around central station. I took them sandwiches that had not been sold in the on site cafe, when I tried to hand them over I was met with "we don't want your f***ing sandwiches".

Pretty much gave up after that.

Was it Roy Keane?

Irrespective of their personal circumstances I always try and give them something. I would hate to be in the position where living on the streets is considered better than a roof over my head. I’m probably exacerbating the whole homeless thing, but I know I’d be grateful for any sort of genuine help.
Been watching Filthy Rich and Homeless on SBS?
There but gor the grace go any of us.

When Mrs BC and I lived in our flat with nightmare upstairs neighbours, there was one who was a mate of the tenant and pretty much lived there full time, looked a right clip mind you, we just thought he was a trampy charver.
Our lass saw him begging on Ocean Road on her way back from the gym one night.
Definitely treating it as a profession.

He’s just being wacky man. Nobody is this thick in real life :lol:
Who’s the thick one here? A load of people with nothing to offer society who are at best an eyesore and at worst a nuisance. Get them off the streets man. In the olden days we’d have sent them to the workhouse. Now we just let them sit around stinking.

Who’s the thick one here? A load of people with nothing to offer society who are at best an eyesore and at worst a nuisance. Get them off the streets man. In the olden days we’d have sent them to the workhouse. Now we just let them sit around stinking.

You could quite easily end up homeless.

Last winter I commented on here about the large number of homeless people in Nottingham. Iirc a poster on here told me that there were enough hostel spaces for people and that a lot of people ‘commute’ into city centres to beg and to pretend to be homeless.

We were in a beer garden in Newcastle a few years ago and one of the wife’s methadone patients came to our table with the usual spiel, did a quick about turn when she saw the wife.

The ‘homeless wonan’ lived in a three bed semi in Benwell with her mother!

Back