Homeless people

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23273

Irrespective of their personal circumstances I always try and give them something. I would hate to be in the position where living on the streets is considered better than a roof over my head. I’m probably exacerbating the whole homeless thing, but I know I’d be grateful for any sort of genuine help.

Depends, there is some prick in Park Lane who has gave me a different sob story every time I walk through, last one was that he needed money for a train back to Wolverhampton.

I tend to chuck a quid or two and be cool by saying something like get ya self a cuppa Marra, but probably end sounding like a reet patronising twat.

Don’t know why I bother ffs.

One came up to me, holding his hand out "I haven't eaten in three days", he said. "Well done" said I, "I wish I had your willpower"

@Space Hopper you've been outdone.

I'd never give them money. I don't think I've seen a charity asking you not to give them money, but I've seen councils put up signs saying "Fund the charity, not the habit" - which is the best advice for people wanting to give money.

I've mentioned this story more than once but I'll never forget the bloke I knew who a couple of homeless people outside a shop in Manchester who asked him for money.
He said no, but went in and bought them sandwiches and orange juice. He presented them to the homeless people on the way out and one said "I don't like Tuna".
Ungrateful fucker.

If you happen to go to McDonalds and get a hot drink or something you get a card on the side with stickers for a free drink if you buy 6. I knew someone who saved them up and gave the full cards to homeless people so they could get a drink. That's a great idea in my opinion.

Back