Homebrewing - Part 3

I just like the idea of using the garage because it’s going to be dead space otherwise. I don’t really have a lot of possessions to need to store in there as I live in my own. It’s pretty roomy in there as well.

Tbf the cheap bottled water idea is a good one. I’ll find a way to make it work.
Even with bottled water people are going to see what you’ve got in there as you’ll need to keep the garage door open during the boil and you’ll need the copper near the door to get rid of the steam.
If you use bottled water you’ll probably need to add some minerals/salts as they usually don’t have the required levels but that isn’t difficult.

Even with bottled water people are going to see what you’ve got in there as you’ll need to keep the garage door open during the boil and you’ll need the copper near the door to get rid of the steam.
If you use bottled water you’ll probably need to add some minerals/salts as they usually don’t have the required levels but that isn’t difficult.

Yeah I know, but having a hose leading down the alley from my house to the garage is another level of attention I could avoid.

Not my cup of tea but looking on one of the brewing forums, Brewferm Tarwebier is recommended by one person. Also, a few have tweaked the Wilko kit.
Champion I’ll have a butchers. Did a kit over summer from Brew Masters before they went under: amazing. Höegaarden clone. Pimped it with some oranges in the fv for 2 weeks before bottling. Lusharoon etc.

Champion I’ll have a butchers. Did a kit over summer from Brew Masters before they went under: amazing. Höegaarden clone. Pimped it with some oranges in the fv for 2 weeks before bottling. Lusharoon etc.
I made a Blue Moon clone once, that had orange peel and coriander seeds in the recipe.

I need bottles to put 40 pints of ipa in but the cost of buying in wilkos itd be cheaper going out for 40 pints! :lol:

Any thoughts?

I need bottles to put 40 pints of ipa in but the cost of buying in wilkos itd be cheaper going out for 40 pints! :lol:

Any thoughts?
I've got a load of bottles you can have mate.
Loads of them have been in that I've been meaning to chuck out, but you're welcome to have a try of it.
Even got crates you can put them in.

Last edited:

Any thoughts?
Bristol bottle company. I bought 1000 a few years ago on a pallet and shared them with a few friends
Or talk to your local pub for clear pint bottles. A good wash out and scrub to get the labels off and you are up and running
Sort 45 out before you start your bottling though as you always get 42-43 500ml bottles filled

I've obtained a few apple contacts over the last few year as we feed them to the pigs. Both whole apples and the pulp after pressing. Never got round to brewing yet but it's going to happen
I started making wine last March with a load of rhubarb I had frozen to clear some space. It tasted like paint stripper when I first tasted it and put it to the back of the garage. I've made a load more (different) wine since which tasted much nicer. I had a mouthful of the first one a couple of weeks ago and it's changed completely. Bloody lovely and very very strong :D.

I've got a load of bottles you can have mate.
Loads of them have been in that I've been meaning to chuck out, but you're welcome to have a try of it.
Even got crates you can put them in.

Thanks, may take you up on that.

Would Hartlepools awful water be okay to use or not?

Back