Homebrewing - Part 3

Star san really isn’t expensive in the long run, even with hard water it lasts for bloody ages. I bought a small bottle about a year ago and I think I still have half of it.

Star san really isn’t expensive in the long run, even with hard water it lasts for bloody ages. I bought a small bottle about a year ago and I think I still have half of it.
I didn't realise how much you dilute it! :lol:

@Wilfy - what does this Poundland Oxi stuff look like? I just popped in and nothing stood out.

If you have a builders bucket, fill it with water and use an aquarium heater to heat the water. Stand your FV in that.

Works well but I’ve nearly killed myself twice doing this. First time the glass heater had cracked, I didn’t realise and plunged my hand in to check the temp and took a jolt up the arm.

Second time, I boxed clever and bought one with metal casing. The water evaporated and it eventually melted through the tub and started going through a petrol can nearby.

I now use a fridge with a tube heater attached. Much safer.

Works well but I’ve nearly killed myself twice doing this. First time the glass heater had cracked, I didn’t realise and plunged my hand in to check the temp and took a jolt up the arm.

Second time, I boxed clever and bought one with metal casing. The water evaporated and it eventually melted through the tub and started going through a petrol can nearby.

I now use a fridge with a tube heater attached. Much safer.
You using an inkbird to control it?

You using an inkbird to control it?

Aye think it was about 30 quid off Amazon, fridge 20 off gumtree and tube heater 15 quid again amazon. Loads easier like, use the fridge as a fridge when it’s not fermenting. Fits a couple of cornies.

Just brewed and kegged an all grain IPA, it’s only single hop Cascade but I’m buzzing with it.

Back