Homebrewing - Part 3

I’m only brewing on a personal scale so it’s great for me. The Bluetooth aspect is class anarl. You looked at the 50L braumeister? Pricey like.
50L is still only 2 batches. If I'm going to bother, I want to make about 4. 1 Barrel would be a nice amount actually. What's that, 36 gallons?

Edit: Aye, checked, 163l. So you'd want about 200L of capacity for wastage etc I guess.

This'd be nice, just £12k lol
https://www.ssbrewtech.com/pages/1-bbl-nano-brewhouse

Anyone watching this thread, I've still got a full setup for a 1st timer wanting to do better than starter kits. Cheap as owt too.

I’m not on Facebook but my missus is, i’ll get her to look it up, cheers.

It's the UK craft beer forum, they can come across as a bunch of pretentious tossers, but take them with a pinch of salt and they can be a huge help.

A lot of people who work in the industry are members.

Just kegged/bottled my hoppy APA. Was clear as a bell and smelling fine. Got my Simcoe IPA cold crashing till Sunday and making a bitter on Sunday. Love the grainfather.

Quite fancy making my first turbo cider. I've got about 10l of Lidl apple juice, Harris cider yeast and a couple of them 5l water bottles sitting here, anyone recommend decent recipe/instructions?

I’ve just put in an offer to lease a retail unit to turn into a micro pub and bottle shop...If it comes off I might not have time to brew so my gear might be up for sale soon.
Canny. Whereabouts?

Last edited:
Well, that's me done.
Been fun, and I've got out of it exactly what I wanted for that "setup".

Maybe in 2-3 years I'll do something else, but it would be a totally different setup to what I've done so far.
Thanks for all the advice folks :)

Back