Homebrewing - Part 3

So I've realised the mistake. Fair enough, I simply added 2L too much water to my black sheep extract kit, and I didn't sparge the grain, so that explains the 5ish points lost.
But recreating the brewdog - it wasn't supposed to be 23L, it was supposed to be 20L. So I'm a full 25% overwatered! Bugger. Must learn to read. Oh well, it'll be a new category - "Long Session IPA" :lol:

By the way, just spotted they've put Tactical Nuclear Penguin on their DIY Dog sheet with instructions of how to achieve the freezing method in a home freezer. Wow. 30+% beers anyone?

Where does everyone buy their malt and hops?

Just noticed the 25Kg jerry can of malt I was about to buy for £99 on Brewuk is £65 in other places!!!!!

Doesn't beer spoil after a few days if you use a beer engine? I love the idea of one but always thought it wasn't feasible for homebrew?
Depends what it's stored in I believe, I'm thinking of using a PB or even a corny. With a check valve in place should only lose a tiny amount with the first pint pulled.

Brewuk usually aren't the cheapest but they have a massive range of stock. I tend to use the maltmiller now, good range and decent prices.
That's exactly what I was seeing last night.

I'm planning a 5 x batch of Punk IPA v1 to give to friends and family (they pay the costs, but I make it for nowt). And the 25kg cans of LME range from £99 to £62, which is a huge difference. Hops seem to be about the same.

Hello all. Late to the home brew thread but been reading it a while and taking advice so thought I'd chip in!

Got an Earl Grey IPA 2ndary fermenting under my stairs at the moment which needs bottling soon. Need to get it sorted before my Oxford Gold clone runs out!

Just splashed £170 to make 5 batches of Brewdog's Punk IPA v1 for 5 people - canny bargain they're getting - I'm making it for cost price and charging them nowt for my time.

Except half a dozen bottles per batch, of course. Quality control and all that ;)

Just splashed £170 to make 5 batches of Brewdog's Punk IPA v1 for 5 people - canny bargain they're getting - I'm making it for cost price and charging them nowt for my time.

Except half a dozen bottles per batch, of course. Quality control and all that ;)

You done Brewdog recipes before? If so how did they turn out? Want to make something like their Dead Pony but wasn't in the DIYdog I've got

You done Brewdog recipes before? If so how did they turn out? Want to make something like their Dead Pony but wasn't in the DIYdog I've got
Dead pony is in the one they publish, I've made it. I'm doing another couple out of diydog in the next few week, hopefully they'll turn out well.

Dead pony is in the one they publish, I've made it. I'm doing another couple out of diydog in the next few week, hopefully they'll turn out well.

I think drinking my own home brew might have sent me blind. Cheers, I'll have another look and hope yours turn out well

Yes, I did 3 of batches of Punk IPA v1

First batch I forgot to account for efficiency and ended up with an 8.5% version instead of 6%.
Still went a bit over with the other 2 batches, coming in at 6.5%

They were very nice tbh.

Dead Pony Club IS in the current DIYDog PDF file - I've just set a batch of it away on Saturday. Made a mistake and made it to 23L instead of 20, and probably had an extra litre on top that shouldn't be there, so I've missed the ABV from 3.9% to about 3.2% depending on how it comes out. It's my first attempt at dry hopping though - so hoping for a clean base beer to work with and I'll be happy.

Awfully nice of you that mate, the lucky fuckers.

Really do need a good hydrometer, my 2nd one is also shit (chucked the first one out).

And suggestion for removing beer for gravity testing?

Back