Home Working

20% will be genuinely busy same as if at work / office
But I reckon for majority it’ll be 2 hours day work then fill in rest of day with other stuff , couple at our place we’re rushing out door to work home permanently before Boris had even done a speach last week , yet they aren’t self isolating
I think you're confusing working from home with working on your own. There are all sorts of collaboration tools out there which allow you to see / work on documents together and obviously there also all the shared communication tools. Yes, you'll have individual tasks to complete but a good chunk of most of my days is actually talking to colleagues in other locations.

I hate it as miss the craic of the office. I get the same work done as feel bad if i don’t.

I really hope we can sort something and get back to the office in 4-6 weeks dues to people already having it after some sort of test

I probably worked from home for about 3 or 4 odd days in 20 years. Last week was my first full week, I'm dreading tomorrow and starting another week. It's shit. The hating Sunday evening feeling is back!

I am setting up an archery range in the back garden again. I also want to level one side of it up so I need several tons of soil. I'm not sure if the exercise / read a book bit was some sort of a slur or if I am becoming too thin skinned. I exercise almost every day and am a voracious reader.
You must be getting paranoid mate :lol: I’ve no idea who you are and your hobbies

Done it for over a year now. All meetings via Zoom.

Tips:

Get a proper computer and proper chair, don't just sit about using your laptop for hours, you'll do your back in.

Use the Pomodoro technique to focus

Make a big pan of soup - great lunch. Cheap, nutritious, satisfaction of making it.

Get up a the same time you would have got up at.

Done it for over a year now. All meetings via Zoom.

Tips:

Get a proper computer and proper chair, don't just sit about using your laptop for hours, you'll do your back in.

Use the Pomodoro technique to focus

Make a big pan of soup - great lunch. Cheap, nutritious, satisfaction of making it.

Get up a the same time you would have got up at.
Very interesting in the time management thing. Have you used Covey's time management matrix thing?

I started working from hone last week and expect to be doing so for the next 2-3 months.

I'm enjoying the novelty but my laptop is shit and sitting on a bed or sofa isn't as productive. So I've cleared out my spare room this weekend and ordered a desk be a new computer.

I'm looking forward to it. Less distractions from my team because they have to think for themselves before shouting for help, can have a radio on, less stressful environment, plus no commute so I have time to get up and exercise then have breakfast in the morning.

I started working from hone last week and expect to be doing so for the next 2-3 months.

I'm enjoying the novelty but my laptop is shit and sitting on a bed or sofa isn't as productive. So I've cleared out my spare room this weekend and ordered a desk be a new computer.

I'm looking forward to it. Less distractions from my team because they have to think for themselves before shouting for help, can have a radio on, less stressful environment, plus no commute so I have time to get up and exercise then have breakfast in the morning.
An ironing board makes a canny standing desk. It's adjustable and folds away.

Started wfh last week, not overly keen. Made sure my work was weeks ahead before I left the office last week so at the minute it's just waiting for phone calls and emails.
Not gonna lie I had the work laptop in front of me and my own laptop to the side playing Football Manager to keep me from dozing off.

I will be an outlier I expect, but I'm of a mindset where I may as well work, even if unpaid. I doubt I'd get any other work for a while as projects will be non essential for majority of companies. Hopefully will continue to get paid something - but Id be happy to keep the company going as long as I could for free (and save others jobs) for now and be there when things pick up.

Have done a fair bit this weekend to catch up and prepped for whole of next week

Be careful with that, there is a temptation with WFH to do more than expected, I've been doing it a year now and earlier I was putting in extra hours, you should only be doing the same amount as you would be in the office, any more you need extra pay.

No never heard of it, tell me more?
You divide tasks into 4 quadrants based on an axis of importance and another of urgency. The goal is to spend as much time dealing with important things that are non urgent as possible, because you've planned time for them. The matrix is in the link. Well worth taking 10 minutes to jot down on postits some common tasks, then figure out where they sit in the matrix. It's also a useful when filtering emails.

Be careful with that, there is a temptation with WFH to do more than expected, I've been doing it a year now and earlier I was putting in extra hours, you should only be doing the same amount as you would be in the office, any more you need extra pay.
Sorry should have mentioned I’m a contractor so a bit of a different outlook to an employee. I work away from home normally so my expenses have dropped for a start

Back