Home Insurance Companies

Ha I phoned MoreThan & the lad was just making excuses at one point blaming inflation (remember they wanted to charge me 60% more). Gone with Aviva saved myself some money and may get topcashback as well. Just scandalous how insurance companies get away with it

It's not scandalous, it's just business. You had a choice and you walked away. There's no scandal.

Amazed you stuck with any supplier beyond one year.

Car and home insurance, broadband, gas and electric. They all get changed anually. Can't remember loyalty and staying with one company EVER being the cheapest option. Especially when you take cashback in to account for new customers only.

Amazed you stuck with any supplier beyond one year.
I'm always one to shop but found MoreThan good value hence staying with them but this rise took the piss. Always worthwhile shopping around. Just in the process of switching banks to first direct £125 for switching, easy money really. Got £50 topcashback for home insurance as well

I'm always one to shop but found MoreThan good value hence staying with them but this rise took the piss. Always worthwhile shopping around. Just in the process of switching banks to first direct £125 for switching, easy money really. Got £50 topcashback for home insurance as well

They've just stopped doing that.

I switched to them a few years back, the best thing about it is if you say you don't like them after a few months, they give you another £100 if you close the account.

Spate of claims in your area may have flagged up the postcode as one they don’t want business in. Hence they quote a prohibitive premium to make up for the increased likelihood of you having a claim. They’re a business, if they wouldn’t come down they don’t want you as a customer.

They've just stopped doing that.

I switched to them a few years back, the best thing about it is if you say you don't like them after a few months, they give you another £100 if you close the account.
Noticed they stopped it last night. Easy money to be honest. I then qualify for an account that pays 5% on a certain amount of savings. Got to shop around these days otherwise you just get ripped off

Back