Home Insurance Companies

Hastings direct increased my car insurance quote but I went online, got a cheaper quote and they matched it. The other insurers were ....

Hastings direct.
Ha I phoned MoreThan & the lad was just making excuses at one point blaming inflation (remember they wanted to charge me 60% more). Gone with Aviva saved myself some money and may get topcashback as well. Just scandalous how insurance companies get away with it

I got a renewal quote from Direct line with the price hiked up. My lass (no) went online to get a new quote from them - about £250 cheaper.

I will be having a quiet word with them tomorrow ;)

Nothing to do with inflation or any other excuse the person on the phone tells you.

The underwriters simply do not want your business for whatever reason.
Just seemed all bizarre, the lad wouldn't budge on price "unless i increased my excess" and when i phoned back to tell them i won't be renewing they weren't bothered. Just seems all bizarre but one less customer for them, shame as i always found them decent as it was a local call centre i always spoke to

Just seemed all bizarre, the lad wouldn't budge on price "unless i increased my excess" and when i phoned back to tell them i won't be renewing they weren't bothered. Just seems all bizarre but one less customer for them, shame as i always found them decent as it was a local call centre i always spoke to

It seems bizarre on the face of it but an insurer can only take on so much risk and only so much of any type of risk. For whatever reason they deemed you as risk they did not want to price competitively. They are obliged to give you a renewal invitation which in your situation makes the offer/negotiation ridiculous and a waste of everyone’s time.

It’s like when you do your car insurance comparison and there are some companies quoting 5/6/7/8 times the lowest price, they do not want your business.

Ha I phoned MoreThan & the lad was just making excuses at one point blaming inflation (remember they wanted to charge me 60% more). Gone with Aviva saved myself some money and may get topcashback as well. Just scandalous how insurance companies get away with it
I used to work in finance/insurance. It's insane the number of people who just renew without shopping around. They bump the prices up as a gamble you won't shop around, some people do, but the majority don't and they catch people moving to them from other companies. Its sickening but true.

I used to work in finance/insurance. It's insane the number of people who just renew without shopping around. They bump the prices up as a gamble you won't shop around, some people do, but the majority don't and they catch people moving to them from other companies. Its sickening but true.

Aye that's the opinion I get. I was expecting an increase but 60% was absolutely disgraceful. Like you say though a lot of people will just renew. I went online via topcashback and got a quote off the company who do my car and life insurance and saved myself a few quid and all going well £50 topcashback. The pure greed of some companies these days is ridiculous and for the lad to blame inflation was embarrassing.

Shop around folks, don't get ripped off

Aye that's the opinion I get. I was expecting an increase but 60% was absolutely disgraceful. Like you say though a lot of people will just renew. I went online via topcashback and got a quote off the company who do my car and life insurance and saved myself a few quid and all going well £50 topcashback. The pure greed of some companies these days is ridiculous and for the lad to blame inflation was embarrassing.

Shop around folks, don't get ripped off
Insurance is a gambling business, companies gamble that everyone will pay more than they ever have to pay out. They need that cash, by any means necessary.

I got a renewal quote from Direct line with the price hiked up. My lass (no) went online to get a new quote from them - about £250 cheaper.

I will be having a quiet word with them tomorrow ;)
Same as the missus, LV increased her policy, she went online and got a much cheaper quote still with LV.
Rang them to complain and was all excuses excuses. They simply tried to screw more money out of her when could do it at existing price

Same as the missus, LV increased her policy, she went online and got a much cheaper quote still with LV.
Rang them to complain and was all excuses excuses. They simply tried to screw more money out of her when could do it at existing price

Yep - loyalty counts for nowt these days - all about squeezing every last penny they can out of everyone they can - shameful really!

This is not an insurance thing it’s tv mobile gas and leccy If you don’t shop around every year you’ll pay over the top it’s as simple as that.

As for insurance it’s nowt personal they just don’t want your business unless you wanna pay the increase takes 5 minutes online to change. Next year you’ll end up back when they lower price.

I was with Direct Line, then went to Aviva, now I'm back with Direct Line. It's crazy. Phoned Aviva to cancel, thought they might ask why I'm leaving and try to match but they couldn't give a shite. No doubt I'll be back with Aviva next year.

I shop around every time anything is up for renewal. They just seem to think people will be too lazy to do that or have some kind of weird loyalty to the company. My Dad had everything with Barclays because he's been a customer since 1960-something when it was Martins Bank.............. Barclays don't care two hoots about that and it took ages to convince him he'd save money by shopping around.

I was with Direct Line, then went to Aviva, now I'm back with Direct Line. It's crazy. Phoned Aviva to cancel, thought they might ask why I'm leaving and try to match but they couldn't give a shite. No doubt I'll be back with Aviva next year.
Aye, I seem to bounce between these two which along with the cash back normally keeps premiums about the same every year, it's a right fuck on but seems to be the name of the game nowadays.

Back