Home Gym

Coeus

Striker
Id like to set something very basic up in my shed as im not getting to the gym often.

I need everything to be able to do a standard 5 X 5 routine.

Anyone have any recommendations for the items necessary or where to shop? Is it easy to drill into concrete?

I’ve got a freestanding squat stand and a bench in the garden, with 100kg of weight plates (which I need to upgrade when funds allow but it’s only my deadlift that’s at 100kg at the moment) and it does me. The bench and 55kg of the weights came from a Facebook selling group, the rest of the weights from eBay and the squat stand from Amazon. The bench and first lot of weights cost me £50, the rest of the weight plates a total of about £40 on eBay and the squat stand was a birthday present but I think it was about £100.

Nice one Mick, hadn't really considered ebay.

Im looking at a cage with pull up bar, probably should of pointed that out. Im looking to get value above all but id prefer to not have to upgrade down the line.

Don't bother getting one of the York all in one multi gyms. I had one years ago and it was awful, could only really do the lat pull down the rest was pointless. Get your self a dumbell set, bench, bar and plenty of cast iron plates for a start then build on it as you go.

Cheers mate but id struggle to build a bear.

Don't bother getting one of the York all in one multi gyms. I had one years ago and it was awful, could only really do the lat pull down the rest was pointless. Get your self a dumbell set, bench, bar and plenty of cast iron plates for a start then build on it as you go.

Yea, Im just after a cage, bench, bar, weights etc....

Just not sure where is the best to go, how the quality differs and what not.

Cheers mate but id struggle to build a bear.

Yea, Im just after a cage, bench, bar, weights etc....

Just not sure where is the best to go, how the quality differs and what not.

Gumtree for the weights and bars mate usually cheap you will get 100kg of plates and the bars you need for a few hundred quid tops. The bench I would possibly go retail as you want to know it is in mint nick

Last edited:

Back