Home Friendly 27th July

I was talking to someone who is a regular attendee who will struggle to get there and back on a Saturday night, the poor statement was aimed for him.
and there will be people who cant normally make a saturday afternoon-a different time means they might be able to make this-increasing the number of fans who fork out..whichis exactly what every business in the hisotry of the universe wants-but safc fans have a sense of exceptionalism that is revolting..

I think the Shields game has replaced it this year. Although I'm still expecting at least one more so you never know.
Maybe, Botchie, but ADRaW is right in what he says about other local teams having an opportunity to play us, instead of playing Hartlepool every pre season.
The extra revenue that our game will bring in against Shields, could be vital to them.

Condolences
:lol: :lol:

and there will be people who cant normally make a saturday afternoon-a different time means they might be able to make this-increasing the number of fans who fork out..whichis exactly what every business in the hisotry of the universe wants-but safc fans have a sense of exceptionalism that is revolting..
Bit of a sweeping generalisation there? Anyone who has spent time in the company of Sunderland fans over the years would realise that most are pretty down to earth.

strange Euro opposition, not expecting a big name but most people won't which country they play in. Probably get tonked too.

No Apledoorn wás a few days earlier (we won 0-9*). But your right the Heerenveen game was played at a sports centre in the middle of neewhere.

*my one and only dabble with dopecake. Didn't end well.
Cheers for that.
I knew we were at Apeldoorn but wasn't sure for which game.

It might have been on the same tour, and we were based in Amsterdam.
Most of us went on a tour of the Ajax ground, but one of the lads stayed behind and spent.the afternoon in a pub.
When we met up with him later, he was in a hell of a state.
He was convinced his words were coming out back to front, and when he was walking forward, he thought he was walking backwards and was talking gibberish as he'd tried the spacecake, but didn't get any reaction so he tried some more and it sent him doolally. :lol:
A lad from the Bulldog pub gave him a tablet which put him right and he was ok an hour later.

On another trip to Amsterdam, a lad had tried the cake and started to hoy all of his money into the canal.
He was convinced he was throwing bread to the ducks :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not have it the week before the air show
Maybe they already have something arranged, maybe they wanted to have a home friendly as the last game of pre season so people can see near enough the team to start the season and any new signings?
If people don’t want to goon Saturday night fine, don’t go.
By making it at 7pm the roads will be free from the air display traffic, people can go to the air display, have something to eat and drink and go to the match making a full day of things and spending some money in Sunderland.
Everything the club tries to do at the moment is followed by doom, gloom and moaning on here.
It’s no wonder our chairman has binned twitter.

Maybe they already have something arranged, maybe they wanted to have a home friendly as the last game of pre season so people can see near enough the team to start the season and any new signings?
If people don’t want to goon Saturday night fine, don’t go.
By making it at 7pm the roads will be free from the air display traffic, people can go to the air display, have something to eat and drink and go to the match making a full day of things and spending some money in Sunderland.
Everything the club tries to do at the moment is followed by doom, gloom and moaning on here.
It’s no wonder our chairman has binned twitter.
Are you reading the same thread as me? Only 1 maybe 2 have moaned.

It’s not just this thread mate, have a look at some of the other ones. I know everyone is wanting new signings and the takeover/ investment sorted but, god can some people moan!

With all due respect, fuck off Charlie, spend more time getting blokes through the door than pretending to be an illiterate **** on here.

Back